What hymns are appropriate for Palm Sunday?
Palm Sunday songs
- All Hail King Jesus (Moody) (Maranatha Praise vol 2 or 3, The Source vol 1, Songs of Fellowship vol 1)
- Sing to the King (Foote, Horne)
- The Mighty One of Israel (Hendricks)
- All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name (SA Songbook)
What are the hymns for Advent?
Some hymns, such as Day of Anger, That Dread Day, are for Second Advent (the Second Coming), and were sung during the Advent season in past years….
- Sleepers Wake, A Voice is Calling – W.
- Wake Ye Holy Maidens, Wake Ye – Philip Pusy.
- Wake, Arise!
- Wake, Arise!
- Wake, Awake, For Night Is Flying – Canon W.
What are good hymns for communion?
These are traditional communion hymns we sing in the church.
- A Banquet Is Prepared.
- Song Of The Lamb.
- O Lord, I Will Sing.
- Fill My House Unto The Fullest.
- Jesus, Thou Art Coming.
- I Have Received The Living Bread.
- Bread Of Life.
- If We Eat Of The Lord.
Where do the O antiphons come from?
The O Antiphons (also known as the Great Advent Antiphons or Great Os) are Magnificat antiphons used at vespers on the last seven days of Advent in Western Christian traditions. They likely date to sixth-century Italy, when Boethius refers to the text in The Consolation of Philosophy.
What is the Bible verse for communion?
But Paul urges us to “examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup” (1 Corinthians 11:28 NLT), so that we are going to communion with a humble heart and not just “pretending” to be right with God.
What are the 7 O antiphons?
Collectively they also suggest Christ’s response to that plea: the seven titles in Latin—Sapientia, Adonai, Radix Jesse, Clavis David, Oriens, Rex Gentium, and Emmanuel—in reverse order form an acrostic ERO CRAS which means “I am coming soon.”