What is RA 9745?
REPUBLIC ACT N0. 9745. AN ACT PENALIZING TORTURE AND OTHER CRUEL, INHUMAN AND DEGRADING TREATMENT OR PUNISHMENT AND PRESCRIBING PENALTIES THEREFOR. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled: Section 1.
How does gender equality affect society?
Gender equality makes our communities safer and healthier Unequal societies are less cohesive. They have higher rates of anti-social behaviour and violence. Countries with greater gender equality are more connected. Their people are healthier and have better wellbeing.
What is Republic 11313?
An Act Defining Gender-Based Sexual Harassment in Streets, Public Spaces, Online, Workplaces, and Educational or Training Institutions, Providing Protective Measures and Prescribing Penalties Therefor. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippine Congress assembled: Section 1.
How important is gender equality in the workplace?
The benefits of gender equality Research from Catalyst has shown that the more gender-equal companies are, the better it is for both male and female employees. The happier the labour force is, they lower the job turnover, with higher levels of job satisfaction and productivity.
Is there a law about gender equality?
The Gender Equality Law, 2011 seeks to eliminate discrimination in employment, training and recruitment on the basis of sex, marital status, pregnancy or gender and to promote the payment of equal remuneration to male and female employees who perform work of equal value.
What are the indicators of gender equality?
Indicators for Gender Equality and Non-Discrimination
- 5.5.2 Proportion of women in managerial positions.
- 8.3.1 Proportion of informal employment in non‑agriculture employment, by sex.
- 8.5.1 Average hourly earnings of female and male employees, by occupation, age and persons with disabilities.
- 8.5.2 Unemployment rate, by sex, age and persons with disabilities.
What is the Workplace Gender Equality Act?
The Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 aims to improve and promote equality for both women and men in the workplace. support employers to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce, in recognition of the disadvantaged position of women in relation to employment matters.
What is Republic No 9208?
9208. An act to institute policies to eliminate trafficking in persons especially women and children, establishing the necessary institutional mechanisms for the protection and support of trafficked persons, providing penalties for its violations, and for other purposes.
How do you promote gender equality in the classroom?
6 Ways You Can Promote Gender Equality In Your Classroom
- Be Reflective and Be Objective. First, pay attention to the trends above and do your best to offer more gender-neutral responses to students.
- Get Feedback From Colleagues and Students.
- Use Gender-Neutral Language When Appropriate.
- Explain the Context.
- Seat and Group Students Intentionally.
- Use Project-Based Learning.
What we can do for gender equality?
Five Things World Leaders Can Do Right Now to Advance Gender Equality
- Level the law. Governments have the legislative power to remedy gender discrimination enshrined in laws, but often, that power is squandered.
- Girls and women count, so make sure you count them.
- Elevate her.
- End gender-based violence.
- Pay for Parity.
How does Safe Space Act protect you?
11313 to be known as the Safe Spaces Act or the “Bawal Bastos Act” to address existing gaps and issues on equality, security, and safety of both women and men in private and public spaces. The Safe Spaces Act is intended to expand the scope of the Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995 or Republic Act No. 7877.
How does gender equality help the economy?
The study further shows that improving gender equality has strong, positive impacts on GDP per capita that grow over time. The results show a positive impact of gender equality measures on economic growth due to more women in STEM education, higher labour market participation by women and a lower gender pay gap.
How do you promote gender equality in the workplace?
only make your decisions based on facts.
- Know your legal obligations.
- Offer equal pay for equal work.
- Challenge your own beliefs.
- Encourage the use of mentors.
- Know your role models.
- Help promote gender equality in the workplace.
- Ability isn’t defined by gender.
Why gender equality in the workplace is important?
Gender equality means employees can access and enjoy the same rewards, resources and opportunities regardless of whether they are a woman or a man. The goal is to achieve equal results for women and men, not exactly the same result for all employees.