What is a non-breaking space in Microsoft Word?
Non-breaking spaces keep two words on the same line, regardless of the width of the screen in Microsoft Word or HTML.
What is the trim function in Excel?
The TRIM function is categorized under Excel Text functions. TRIM helps remove the extra spaces in data and thus clean up the cells in the worksheet. In financial analysis, the TRIM function can be useful in removing irregular spacing from data imported from other applications.
How do I make a new line in an Excel cell?
To start a new line of text or add spacing between lines or paragraphs of text in a worksheet cell, press Alt+Enter to insert a line break. Double-click the cell in which you want to insert a line break.
Where is a non-breaking space used?
It is advisable to use a non-breaking space (also known as a hard space) to prevent the end-of-line displacement of elements that would be awkward at the beginning of a new line: in expressions in which figures and abbreviations (or symbols) are separated by a space (e.g. 17 kg , AD 565 , 2:50 pm );
How do I get rid of a second line in an Excel cell?
Remove Carriage Returns manually
- Select all cells where you want to remove or replace carriage returns.
- Press Ctrl+H to open the Find & Replace dialog box.
- In the Find What field enter Ctrl+J.
- In the Replace With field, enter any value to replace carriage returns.
- Press the Replace All button and enjoy the result!
Why is trim not working?
One space character commonly used in Web pages that TRIM() will not remove is the non-breaking space. If you have imported or copied data from Web pages you may not be able to remove the extra spaces with the TRIM() function if they are created by non-breaking spaces.
How do you remove spaces in a cell?
Remove all spaces between numbers
- Press Ctrl + Space to select all cells in a column.
- Press Ctrl + H to open the “Find & Replace” dialog box.
- Press Space bar in the Find What field and make sure the “Replace with” field is empty.
- Click on the “Replace all” button, and then press Ok. Voila! All spaces are removed.
How do you find and replace a line break?
Find and Replace a Line Break
- Select the cells that you want to search.
- On the keyboard, press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box, with the Replace tab active.
- Click in the Find What box.
How do I remove weird spaces in Word?
Click anywhere on the page that has the gap….This gap is due to section break.
- go to View – select draft view.
- place the cursor after the last letter of paragraph after which annoying gap exists.
- press Delete – the gap is gone.
Where is the non-breaking space in Word?
The answer is to use non-breaking spaces instead of regular spaces when you don’t want Word to break a line at a certain space. To do this, hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys as you press the Spacebar. Word will then not break the line at that point.
How do you use trim and proper in Excel?
=TRIM(PROPER()): Removes extra spaces and capitalizes each word of text. =VALUE(TRIM(CLEAN())): Converts numbers to text and removes non-printable characters….PC 2007+ Shortcuts:
- Alt + A + E: Text to Columns.
- Ctrl + C: Copy.
- Ctrl + Alt + V + F: Paste Formulas.
- Ctrl + Alt + V + V: Paste Values.
How do you find the line break?
Searching for Paragraph Marks and Line Breaks
- Press Ctrl+F. Word displays the Find tab of the Find and Replace dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
- In the Find What box, enter the text for which you want to search. To search for a paragraph mark, enter ^p; to search for a line break, enter ^l.
- Set other searching parameters, as desired.
- Click on Find Next.
How do you write a no break space?
Non-breaking spaces are easy to add. The quickest way is to press Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar (or on a Mac, type Option+Spacebar). Alternatively, you can select ‘Non-breaking Space’ from the Insert>Special Characters menu.
How do I clean up text data in Excel?
There can be 2 things you can do with duplicate data – Highlight It or Delete It.
- Highlight Duplicate Data: Select the data and Go to Home –> Conditional Formatting –> Highlight Cells Rules –> Duplicate Values.
- Delete Duplicates in Data: Select the data and Go to Data –> Remove Duplicates.
How do you indicate a line break in poetry?
Short Quotations If you are quoting under four lines of poetry, indicate the line breaks with “/”.
Why trim is not working in Autocad?
Check if the PICKADD variable is set to 2. If not you should set it to 2. Pre-select the elements and then call the TRIM command. Enter TRIM Command once in the command line and then hit enter again before using the TRIM.
What is non-breaking space character?
In word processing and digital typesetting, a non-breaking space, , also called NBSP, required space, hard space, or fixed space, is a space character that prevents an automatic line break at its position. …
How do you create spaces in Word?
Expand or condense the space evenly between all the selected characters
- Select the text that you want to change.
- On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Spacing box, click Expanded or Condensed, and then specify how much space you want in the By box.
How do I get rid of a non-breaking space?
Shortcut Key for Non-Breaking Space
- Press Ctrl+H to display the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
- In the Find What box, enter “^-” (without the quote marks).
- In the Replace With box, enter “^s” (again, without the quote marks).
- Click on Replace All.
- Close the Find and Replace dialog box.
What if trim doesn’t work in Excel?
Trim function can only remove regular spaces with asci code 32. So if you are unable to remove spaces with trim function, you are most likely dealing with non-breaking spaces. If you copy this table and paste it into excel, you will see that trim function doesn’t remove spaces.
What is a line break in poems?
A line break is the termination of the line of a poem and the beginning of a new line. The process of arranging words using lines and line breaks is known as lineation, and is one of poetry’s defining features. A distinct numbered group of lines in verse is normally called a stanza.
Where is trim function in Excel?
Trim Spaces for Excel – remove extra spaces in a click
- Select the cell(s) where you want to delete spaces.
- Click the Trim Spaces button on the ribbon.
- Choose one or all of the following options: Trim leading and trailing spaces. Trim extra spaces between words, except for a single space.
- Click Trim.
How do you use slashes in a poem?
Use a slash to indicate the end of a line of poetry when you quote two or three lines within a paragraph. If the quotation is longer than three lines, indent it, omit the quotation marks, and single space each line of the poem. Put a space before and after the slash.
How do you use trim and right in Excel?
LEN(A1)-FIND(MID(TRIM(A1),1,1),A1)+1 – This part of the formula would give you the total length of the address after removing the leading spaces. =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(MID(TRIM(A1),1,1),A1)+1) – This would give you the result where it extracts all the characters after the leading spaces.
What is a non-breaking space in Excel?
Non-Breaking Spaces In Excel, the CHAR() function allows us to output characters based on the numeric identifier of that character. In this case for testing, CHAR(160) is a non-breaking space , so the contents of A2 appears to match that of A1 , but in fact the spaces on either side for A2 are non-breaking.
How do I change a non-breaking space in Excel?
Formula-free way to remove spaces and clean data
- Select the cells (range, entire column or row) where you want to delete extra spaces.
- Click the Trim Spaces button on the Ablebits Data tab.
- Choose one or several options: Remove leading and trailing spaces. Trim extra spaces between words to one.
- Click the Trim button.