How do you use sympathize in a sentence?
- Everyone would sympathize with you.
- I sympathize deeply with his family.
- I sympathize, but I don’t know how to help.
- I really sympathize with you.
- I sympathize with you in your bereavement.
- I sympathize with you.
- I must tell you how much I sympathize with you for your loss, Professor.
Do you sympathize with or for?
If you sympathize with someone who is in a bad situation, you show that you are sorry for them. I must tell you how much I sympathize with you for your loss, Professor. If you sympathize with someone’s feelings, you understand them and are not critical of them.
Can you say sincere condolences?
First Words to Express Your Sympathies So sorry to hear of _______’s passing. Please accept our heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your loved one. Words can’t express how saddened we are to hear of your loss. Our sincere sympathies to you and your family.
What is another word for sorry?
Find another word for sorry. In this page you can discover 99 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for sorry, like: sorrowful, apologetic, grieved, contrite, regretful, remorseful, penitent, beggarly, melted, pitiful and compunctious.
What is a nice sympathy note?
Common Sympathy Card Messages “My deepest sympathy for your loss.” “Words fail to express my deep sorrow for your loss.” “My heart goes out to you and your family.” “Please know that I am with you, I’m only a phone call away.”
What’s the difference between sympathy and empathy?
Empathy means experiencing someone else’s feelings. It comes from the German Einfühlung, or ‘feeling into. ‘ It requires an emotional component of really feeling what the other person is feeling. Sympathy, on the other hand, means understanding someone else’s suffering.
What is the meaning of deepest condolences?
my heartfelt condolences: I’m truly sorry for you, I’m sad about your loss. heartfelt: sincere, genuine, profound, emotional. adjective.
Which is correct my deepest sympathy or sympathies?
‘Sympathy’ is the feeling itself. ‘I have sympathy with him’. ‘Sympathies’ is the formal expression of sympathy, conveyed via a personal message or in writing.
Why is it important to empathize with others?
Empathy is important because it helps us understand how others are feeling so we can respond appropriately to the situation. It is typically associated with social behaviour and there is lots of research showing that greater empathy leads to more helping behaviour.
What is another word for condolences?
Condolence Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for condolence?
What is condolence letter definition?
Condolence Letters are a personal expression of heart-felt sympathy to someone close who is grieving. By writing a letter of condolence it can provide a meaningful source of comfort to the bereaved.
What means sympathy?
Sympathy is a feeling of pity or sense of compassion — it’s when you feel bad for someone else who’s going through something hard.
How do I write a sympathy letter?
How to write a condolence letter
- Keep it short and simple.
- Express your condolences.
- Share a memory.
- Offer your help and support.
- Close the letter with some thoughtful words.
- To the family of someone at work who has died.
- To the family of someone you did not know very well.
- To the family who have lost a child.
Can you say deepest condolences?
Please accept my deepest condolences for your family’s loss. May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you. Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
Do you sympathize?
If you sympathize with someone who is in a bad situation, you show that you are sorry for them. If you sympathize with someone’s feelings, you understand them and are not critical of them.
How do you sympathize?
Ways to Express Sympathy
- Look for an immediate need and fill it.
- Be there when needed.
- Provide food.
- Sending flowers or donating to a charity.
- Reach out and touch (literally).
- Send a note, card, letter, or make a phone call.
- Encourage the bereaved to get out of the house.
What do you say to show empathy?
- You’re making total sense.
- I understand how you feel.
- You must feel so hopeless.
- I just feel such despair in you when you talk about this.
- You’re in a tough spot here.
- I can feel the pain you feel.
- The world needs to stop when you’re in this much pain.
- I wish you didn’t have to go through that.
What empathize means?
: to have the same feelings as another person : to feel empathy for someone.