How do you prepare for a sorority rush?
8 Things You Need To Do Before Rush Week
- Round up your letters of recommendation.
- Perfect your resume.
- Clean up your social media.
- Prepare for questions with mock interviews.
- Plan out outfits ahead of time.
- Don’t schedule anything during rush week.
- Don’t limit yourself to a certain house…
- 8. … Unless you’re rushing a non-traditional sorority.
Should I join a sorority if Im Shy?
Yes! Literally any woman in college can go through sorority recruitment and join a sorority regardless if they are introverted or extroverted. You shouldn’t let the fact that you’re shy or introverted hold you back from joining a sorority.
What should I wear to a sorority interview?
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, decorative pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels/wedges/booties during this round, but you totally can if you really want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
How do you tell a sorority you’re interested?
Discreetly ask the women you know (family, church members, teachers, coaches, etc.) if they are sorority alumnae, and if they are, tell them that you are interested in going through recruitment at your school and ask for any help or advice they can provide.
Why am I interested in joining a sorority?
Joining a sorority is like joining a big family. You’ll gain hundreds of sister within your campus’ chapter, other schools’ chapters, and alumni around the world. This makes it easy to make friends and have support, even as a new kid on campus. Most friendships you make in Greek life will last a lifetime.
What are sorority interviews like?
Unlike a college admissions interview, a sorority interview is a more relaxed conversation. Of course, you want to put your best foot forward. But it’s important to come across as authentic and approachable.
How do you stand out during philanthropy round?
HOW TO STAND OUT DURING PHILANTHROPY ROUND.
- Look over your list before you go into the round. Want to learn about how to create your list?
- Act like you are talking to your best friends.
- Make connections.
- Ask at least one question at every sorority.
- Stay open-minded about each sorority.
- Show off your personal style.
How do you impress a sorority?
8 Insider Tips for Sorority Rush
- DON’T talk about how blacked out you got during Welcome Week.
- DO say something unique or memorable about yourself.
- DON’T mention the guy you went home with last night.
- DO look presentable.
- DON’T gossip or talk smack about others.
- DO act like you want to be there.
- DON’T say something negative about another house.
How do you get sororities to like you?
Sorority Rush Tips: 13 Ways to Get the Bid You Want
- 1) Be yourself.
- 2) Do your research.
- 3) Do not rely on reputations.
- 4) Explore the different kinds of Greek life opportunities on campus.
- 5) Learn how to best market yourself.
- 6) Be outgoing.
- 7) Dress the part.
- 8) Be honest with yourself.
What qualities can I bring to a sorority?
It’s just a matter of getting over the nerves and making sure the sororities see these qualities in you….5 Things That Sororities Look For During Recruitment
- Leadership Potential.
- Genuine Interest In Sorority Life.
- Love For Education.
- Willingness To Volunteer.
- Strong Values And Passion About Something.
What would it mean to me to become a member of a sorority?
Being a part of a sorority means encompassing yourself with passionate, strong and confident women who have your best interest at heart everyday. It is about the women who stand by you during the hardest times and celebrate with you in the happiest times.
What do you do in a sorority?
Sororities provide a home, activities, events, and a sense of community to young girls during their college years. They can provide young women with a great social circle as well as academic, leadership, and career opportunities. If you’re new to a school, you might be wondering how do sororities work exactly.
What is a sorority girl?
0. The definition of a sorority is a social club for females, typically at a college or university, where the girls call each other “sisters,” and do activities together. Alpha Phi is an example of a sorority.
What sororities should I ask on sisterhood day?
How many members will you meet? Most likely, you will meet multiple members in each sorority….The type of questions that are usually asked during this round are:
- What are you looking for in a sorority?
- What are you most excited about?
- What are you looking for in a group of friends?
- Tell me about your friends or family.
What sororities should I ask on Philanthropy Day?
16 Questions For Any Potential New Member To Ask During Sorority Recruitment
- What do your sisters in the chapter like to do in their free time?
- What are some things that you do together as a chapter?
- What are some of the qualities that you like about your sisters?
- What was the sisterhood social that you liked the best?
Can you join two sororities?
Can I join another sorority? If you drop after you are initiated, you cannot join another sorority. Therefore, you cannot join another sorority at a different college. However, if you are in a sorority and you transfer, you can join the same sorority.
What questions do sororities ask during recruitment?
- 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) How did you choose your major? 3) What are your hobbies?
- 1) Tell me about your new member program. 2) What is a Big Sister/Little Sister?
- 1) “Do you know so-and-so in your sorority?” Duh! 2) If you plan to name drop, stick to women you know in that sorority.
What do rush sororities ask?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer?
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet?
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What to know before joining a sorority?
10 Things You Should Definitely Think About Before Joining a Sorority
- There’s a financial commitment.
- Parties are part of the deal.
- Going Greek gives you a post-grad network.
- It’s a major time commitment.
- Wearing the letters is expected.
- It’s not for the thin-skinned.
- Houses come with a reputation.
What is Sorority Life?
Sorority Life is a reality television show on MTV that aired from June 24, 2002 to 2004. The show consisted of girls pledging to become part of a sorority.
What should I ask on preference night?
Here are some examples of questions you might ask the sorority members for Pref:
- Why did you choose to join your sorority?
- Are there any leadership positions for new members?
- Are there sisterhood events?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How has being in a sorority changed your college experience?
Can I quit a sorority?
When can you drop from your sorority? All sorority members are able to drop from their sorority at any time as long as they are in good financial standing. So choosing when you want to drop your sorority is totally up to you.
Why you should not join a sorority?
1. Only So Much Time in the Day. If you join a sorority say goodbye to a social life, or at least any social life outside of the sorority. With all the volunteer work, meetings, parties and other shenanigans sororities are involved with, there really isn’t any time to expose yourself to things outside of Greek life.
What should you not wear during rush?
Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What is bid day in a sorority?
Bid day is the final day of recruitment and can have several different outcomes: the PNM could receive a bid from her top choice, receive a bid from one of the other chapters she visited on preference night, not receive a bid, or receive a phone call offering a snap bid.
Are sororities expensive?
Being in a sorority isn’t cheap. Women pay national and chapter dues, plus new member fees, which all vary by organization. At the University of Central Florida, for example, rent is between $1,500 and $3,300 per semester, depending on the organization. Dues are around $400 for sororities per semester.