How do you cite co authors in MLA?
Authors are formatted the same in all material formats.
- List first author with the last name first. Examples: Smith, John D.
- Two authors are separated by a comma after the first author and the word and.
- Only the first author’s name is inverted.
- List up to two (2) authors; above that number, use the first and et al.
How do you cite a PDF in MHRA?
In-text citation Author Forename Author Surname, Title (City: Publisher, Year Published), p. Pages Used [accessed 10 October 2013].
How do you cite multiple authors in-text?
- 2 Authors: Always cite both authors’ names in-text everytime you reference them. Example: Johnson and Smith (2009) found…
- 6 or More Authors: If a document has six or more authors, simply provide the last name of the first author with “et al.” from the first citation to the last. Example: Thomas et al.
How do you do an in-text citation for two?
When your parenthetical citation includes two or more works, order them the same way they appear in the reference list (viz., alphabetically), separated by a semi-colon. If you cite multiple works by the same author in the same parenthetical citation, give the author’s name only once and follow with dates.
Which citation for a journal article available online is correct to the abbreviated Harvard method?
To be made up of: Year of publication (in round brackets). Title of article (in single quotation marks). Title of journal (in italics). Issue information – volume (unbracketed) and, where applicable, part number, month or season (all in round brackets).
What is the correct in text citation format for a direct quote per Harvard style?
If using a direct quote from a source, include the Author’s family name, the year of publication and the page number in round brackets and place single quotation marks around the direct quote. Alternatively, the Author’s name can be used anywhere within the sentence.
How do you cite three authors in text MLA?
Three or more authors When mentioning the authors in the text, give all of the authors’ names or list the first author and write “and others”. For the parenthetical citation and Works Cited citation, give the first author’s name followed by et al.