How do I study for the VCE English exam?
How to Prepare for the VCE English Exam (Last Minute Advice from a 50-Scorer)
- Read the VCAA past examiner reports!
- Plan responses for lots of sample topics (Text Response and Comparative) instead of writing out essay after essay.
- Redraft previous essays.
- Get outside advice on your essays.
- Reread or re-watch your texts.
Why did I choose biology as my major?
I chose to major in biology because I love learning about the natural world and the ways organisms interact and intertwine with their environment. Biology provides practical building blocks for better understanding, appreciating, and contributing positively to the existence of living beings.
How do you do well in VCE?
How to do Well in VCE
- Create specific goals to keep you motivated.
- Study smarter, not harder.
- Utilise the resources made available to you.
- Take everything one step (or SAC) at a time.
- Listen to your body and take proper care of yourself.
What is a good ATAR 2020?
ATAR Entry Score University Rankings 2020
|University of New South Wales||85||83.67|
|Australian National University||86||82|
|University of Western Australia||85.85||81.95|
How can I do well English Atar?
Abbey and Taylah Share Their Top 10 Tips for ATAR English
- Don’t think you can’t study for English: You can!
- Cut down but don’t quit: Don’t quit all of your co-curricular activities.
- Balance is important to maintain your overall wellbeing.
- Study smart, not hard: Use practice questions, group study sessions.
- Organisation is key: Start studying early, it will lessen your stress.
Is an 80 Atar hard?
So both of the stats are correct – to get an ATAR of 80 you need to beat 80% of the graduating population, which means beating 66.5% of the people who receive an ATAR. As for getting an ATAR of 80 – its not impossible. Work hard. As for getting an ATAR of 80 – its not impossible.
How can I do English exam?
Tips for English exams:
- Know the format and the content of the exam. Most exams are divided into different parts (speaking, listening, reading, writing etc.).
- Practice beforehand.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Make use of online resources.
- Understand what is being tested.
- Practice exam technique.
- Read, listen, speak and watch – and read some more.
How do I start studying for VCE exams?
100 tips to smash your VCE studies:
- Don’t obliterate anything you write down.
- If time permits, don’t just revise over where you lost the marks.
- Have reasonable breaks.
- Share notes, help each other.
- Whiteboards are expensive but fun to write on.
- Study music actually works.
- 8 hours of sleep.
- Pressure yourself to write.
What do you learn in biology major?
A biology major studies living organisms’ functions and characteristics. You’ll take math, science, chemistry and biology courses. A biology major studies the science behind living organisms. This includes the origin and history of animal and plant life, and their characteristics, function, processes and habits.
Is 90 Atar hard to get?
If you love physics and sail through the related mathematics, you won’t find it hard. That said, to get an ATAR of 90 you must score in the top 5%, so that might be enough to answer your question. It SHOULD be “hard”, for it to be worth anything anyway.
Can you drop English Year 12?
The minimum number of units in Year 12 is 10 units of courses. English is a compulsory subject. Students can drop Extension 1 subjects that they are not scoring well in at the beginning of Year 12.
Do you have to do English in year 12?
What are my options? HSC English is a compulsory subject in NSW so students must decide which level they will complete.
What is the lowest Atar to get into uni?
ATARs for 2020 admission
|% of students who met the 2020 guaranteed ATAR||94.6|
|ATAR (excluding adjustment factors)|
|Lowest rank to receive an offer||54.45|
|Median rank to receive an offer||93.3|
|Highest rank to receive an offer||99.95|
How do you write a VCE essay?
Writing essays for VCE
- Think about the most obvious answer or the best piece of evidence for an aspect of the question.
- Think of another character or section in the book, and write a sentence that covers a slightly different part/aspect of the topic.
- Think of a problem or some evidence/character that defies (goes against) the question.