How do I sort pages in Word?
Press “Ctrl-X” to cut your selection and the rest of the document automatically repaginates. Move your cursor to the area where you want the new page to appear and press “Ctrl-V” to paste the cut information. Word automatically moves text and graphics to the right and down to make space for the cut information.
What are the 5 basic elements of design?
Traditional way of looking at art, namely the visual arts, suggests that there are five basic elements of an art work – line, shape, color, texture and space.
How do you center a heading in Word?
Center the text vertically between the top and bottom margins
- Select the text that you want to center.
- On the Layout or Page Layout tab, click the Dialog Box Launcher.
- In the Vertical alignment box, click Center.
- In the Apply to box, click Selected text, and then click OK.
Why is my header so big in Word?
How to reduce the size of the header in Microsoft Word The header size can be adjusted by going to ‘Page Layout’, ‘Margins’ and selecting ‘Custom Margins’ Alternatively the header size can be changed by double clicking on the top section of the Word document and changing the Header from Top value.
How do I write horizontally in Word?
To change text orientation, follow these steps:
- Select the AutoShape, text box, or table cell that contains the text whose orientation you want to change.
- Choose the Text Direction option from the Format menu. Word displays the Text Direction dialog box.
- Choose an orientation from those offered.
- Click on OK.
How do you rearrange headers in Word?
To create a header or footer:
- Double-click anywhere on the top or bottom margin of your document.
- The header or footer will open, and a Design tab will appear on the right side of the Ribbon.
- Type the desired information into the header or footer.
- When you’re finished, click Close Header and Footer.
What is a basic design?
Basic Design defines the project configuration The basic design phase (also known as system or high-level design) includes the definition of the overall system configuration, the project configuration and the creation of required performance specification. This is the general framework to work with.
How do I make one page horizontal in Word?
Change page orientation to landscape or portrait
- To change the orientation of the whole document, select Layout > Orientation.
- Choose Portrait or Landscape.
What is the most basic design element?
The most basic design element is the line. With a simple drawing a line is regarded as just a mere stroke of a pen, but in the field or study of design, a line connects any two points. Lines are effectively used in separating or creating a space between other elements or to provide a central focus.
How do I rearrange pages in Word?
Move Pages in Word With the Navigation Pane
- Click the View tab and check the box for Navigation Pane.
- When the tool opens on the left side of your document, click Headings in the pane.
- Select the heading for the page you want to move and drag it to its new location in the Headings list.
How do I center in the middle of the page in Word?
Click the “Page Setup” button in the lower-right corner of the “Page Setup” section of the “Page Layout” tab. On the “Page Setup” dialog box, click the “Layout” tab. In the “Page” section, select “Center” from the “Vertical alignment” drop-down list. Your cover page text is now centered vertically on the page.
What are the 7 layout design guidelines?
The principles of design are the rules a designer must follow to create an effective and attractive composition. The fundamental principles of design are Emphasis, Balance and Alignment, Contrast, Repetition, Proportion, Movement and White Space.
What are two basic designs?
The elements of design are: line, shape, color, texture, and value (light and dark). Artists also use ideas known as principles of design to plan their work. A principle of design is a guide for relating the visual elements. Some principles of design are: balance, rhythm, proportion, pattern, unity and variety.”