How can I learn art at home?
9 Ways to Learn How to Create Art Without Going to Art School
- YouTube. I LOVE YouTube.
- Skillshare. Although Skillshare isn’t free, it isn’t expensive either.
- Drawspace. Drawspace is similar to Skillshare, but is tailored to artists.
- Nature and the world around you.
- Community Education.
- Community College Courses.
- Workshops at Art and Craft Stores.
How can I learn art for free?
Free Online Drawing Classes
- Kline Creative. The free online drawing lessons at Kline Creative website are designed for beginners of any age, from young children to adults.
- Academy of Art University.
- Toad Hollow Studio.
- How to Draw It.
How do I know what art style suits me?
How do artists find their style?
- Copy the Artists You Like. But a bunch of them.
- Copy the World Around You. Mimic nature.
- Practice. Practice.
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone. Push your skills.
- Make Time to Play. Release expectations and just have fun.
- Remember That it Takes Time.
- Additional Reading:
How can I make my art faster?
How to draw & paint faster: 15 tips for high school Art students
- Use a ground.
- Incorporate mixed media /patterned surfaces / textural elements.
- Work on several pieces at once.
- Paint things in the right order – background areas first.
- Use masking tape to create straight edges.
- Leave artwork purposefully incomplete.
- Omit parts of a scene.
- Selectively flatten tone.
How can I improve my art?
How to improve your character art
- Get into the habit of drawing. Time spent drawing studies will pay you back in the quality of your work.
- Study characters from pop culture.
- Build your own visual library.
- Choose your tools.
- Start by drawing curves.
- Draw the face and eyes.
- Create poses and body language.
- Retain the best aspects of a sketch.