How can I express myself clearly?
A Mini Guide for Expressing Yourself Effectively with Anyone
- Be mindful of your emotions.
- Gather your thoughts beforehand.
- Avoid rehashing history.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully.
- Set solid boundaries.
- Focus on compromise.
How can I better myself in quarantine?
8 Ways To Better Yourself During Quarantine
- Read books. Fiction or nonfiction.
- Plan out your future. Figure out what classes you want to take for next semester.
- Declutter your space. Don’t just reorganize things.
- Do a puzzle.
- Try self-exploration.
- Keep up with your schoolwork.
- Practice self-care.
- Check in with your loved ones.
What 2020 taught?
12 things we never realised about ourselves in 2019, that 2020 taught us
- Take that leap of faith.
- Find happiness in simple things.
- Actions matter more than words.
- Difficult times reveal the truth.
- Follow your passions first.
- Slow down.
- There is always a silver lining.
- Be you, unapologetically.
What 2020 has taught me?
10 lessons that the year 2020 taught me
- Remote work is the future.
- Freedom should never be taken for granted.
- The knowledge economy demands a different mindset.
- Putting things off is a bad idea.
- Mindfulness is more critical than ever.
- Self-care is more than a lifestyle trend.
Can someone know you better than you know yourself?
A new study suggests our friends may know us better than we know ourselves, a finding that may seem counterintuitive. “It’s a natural tendency to think we know ourselves better than others do,” said Washington University psychologist Dr. Simine Vazire.
How do you feel your feelings book?
- 1 The Book of Human Emotions: An Encyclopedia of Feeling from Anger to Wanderlust by Tiffany Watt Smith.
- 2 Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.
- 3 Principles of Psychology by William James.
- 4 Emotional Success: The Power of Gratitude, Compassion and Pride by David DeSteno.
- 5 Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert.
What quarantine has taught you?
Being quarantined has given you more ‘me time’ and has changed the relationship you have with your own self. It has taught you how to be comfortable in your own skin and how to love yourself more.
Why is it important to know yourself better than anyone else?
Self-knowledge makes you independent of the opinions of others. If you know what works for you – what is good for you and, therefore, what isn’t – it is irrelevant what others might think and advise. By knowing who you are and what you stand for in life can help to give you a strong sense of self-confidence.
How does reading a book make you feel?
“Reading has been shown to put our brains into a pleasurable trance-like state, similar to meditation, and it brings the same health benefits of deep relaxation and inner calm,” according to the New Yorker. Nothing promotes happiness like inner calm.
How do you feel when you finish a book?
The sadness of finishing a book has been described as anything from an empty feeling or a book hangover, and likened to a break up and, more melodramatically, a death in the family.
What happens when you don’t know yourself?
When you don’t know yourself, life is overwhelming: it’s hard to make decisions, it’s hard to set and achieve goals, it’s hard to feel fulfilled because you don’t really know what you want. Many people believe that knowing who you are should be implied. You’re the person who spends the most time with yourself, right?