When did Germany start using stamps?
The Deutsche Reichspost started officially on May 4, 1871 using initially stamps of the North German Confederation until it issued its first stamps on January 1, 1872. Heinrich von Stephan, inventor of the postcard and founder of the Universal Postal Union, was the first Postmaster-General.
Which American stamps are worth money?
8 Rare U.S. Stamps That Are Worth Serious Money
- Inverted Jenny Stamp.
- 3c George Washington Stamp.
- 1c Benjamin Franklin Stamp (1868)
- 24c Declaration of Independence stamp.
- 1c Benjamin Franklin Stamp (1851)
- 30c Shield, Eagle, and Flags Stamp.
- 1c Benjamin Franklin Vertical Pair.
- 15c Landing of Columbus Stamp.
What stamps are valuable?
Most Valuable Stamps in the World
- 1904 6d Pale Dull Purple I.R. Official. Value: $535,204.
- 1897 Red Revenue One Dollar Small. Value: $889,765.
- 1868 George Washington B-Grill. Value: $1.035 million.
- 1918 Inverted Jenny. Value: $1.593 million.
- 1859 Sicilian Error of Color. Value: $2.6 million.
What was the first German stamp?
The first Germany stamps, issued on 1st January 1872 were originally printed in two currencies, Groschen and Dialer for the former North German Confederation. Similarly Kreuzer and gulden for the incorporated southern states.
What kind of stamps are worth money?
Stamp collecting, also known as philately, is a hobby as old as stamps themselves….The Four Main Elements of a Stamp.
|The Inverted Jenny||1918||$1.35 Million|
|1c Benjamin Franklin Z Grill||1868||$935,000|
|3c George Washington w/ B Grill||1867||$900,000|