What is the most 80s music video?
The 20 greatest music videos from the 1980s
- The Police – Every Breath You Take.
- Genesis – Land of Confusion.
- Ray Parker Jr – Ghostbusters.
- Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do With It.
- David Bowie and Mick Jagger – Dancing in the Street.
- Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
- Olivia Newton-John – Physical.
Who were the biggest music stars of the 80s?
Top 100 Artists of the 80’s
- Michael Jackson. 1980 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989.
- Prince. 1980 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989.
- Madonna. 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1989.
- U2. 1987 | 1988 | 1989.
- Bruce Springsteen. 1980 | 1981 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988.
- Van Halen.
- Public Enemy.
Who was popular in the 80s music?
American artists such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Kool & the Gang, The Pointer Sisters, Billy Joel, Hall & Oates, Prince, Kenny Rogers and John Mellencamp, then known as John Cougar, ruled the charts throughout the decade in the US.
What played on MTV in the 80s?
In the 1980s, MTV was instrumental in promoting the careers of performers such as Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince and Duran Duran, whose videos played in heavy rotation. By the late 1980s, MTV started airing non-video programming, geared toward teenagers and young adults.
What is the most viewed 80s song on YouTube?
“Sweet Child o’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses was the first 1980s video to reach 1 billion views in October 2019.
What was 80’s TV called?
The 80’s were also chock full of great memorable TV families like the Seavers, The Huxtables, The Keatons and more. Sitcoms were tops with The Facts of Life, Cheers and Golden Girls earning high ratings.
Is MTV from the 80s?
On August 1, 1981, something happened to cable television – something that would define pop culture, change generations, and shape an industry. That something had a name. The name was MTV.