What is Cremant de Bourgogne Brut?
Crémant de Bourgogne is the appellation for sparkling white and rosé wines of Burgundy, made predominantly from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes in the methode traditionelle. Crémant de Bourgogne wines may be white or rosé. They can vary in sweetness levels from brut (dry) to sec (medium).
Is Cremant de Loire as good as Champagne?
Crémants, although their guidelines may be a little more relaxed, can still hold the great quality which Champagne holds. Crémants are almost always cheaper than Champagne and are thought to be just as good.
Is Cremant de Bourgogne Champagne?
Cremant de Bourgogne is a sparkling from the Burgundy region; like most French sparkling wines that are not from Champagne, these wines are classified as cremant (meaning “creaming); Cremant de Alsace is another example of a French sparkling wine not from Champagne.
What is the best Cremant de Bourgogne?
Crémant de Bourgogne
- Doudet Naudin NV Brut (Crémant de Bourgogne)
- Doudet Naudin NV Rosé Brut (Crémant de Bourgogne)
- Paul Chollet 2015 Concerto Brut (Crémant de Bourgogne)
- Bailly-Lapierre 2013 Vive-la-Joie Rosé Brut (Crémant de Bourgogne)
- Louis Picamelot 2014 Les Reipes Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut (Crémant de Bourgogne)
What does Cremant mean in French?
Crémant is a word that describes a certain type of French sparkling wine. Crémant wines are not made all over France but only made in certain officially designated areas. The word Crémant actually originated in the Champagne region.
Why is crémant cheaper than Champagne?
It’s also produced using an entirely different method known as the ‘Tank Method’, which is essentially a bit less fussy. The simpler fermentation process used in making prosecco is part of the reason it’s cheaper to buy than champagne.
What is the best crémant to buy?
Best 10 French Crémant to explore
- Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut Zero Dosage NV. Pfaff.
- Prestige Brut NV. Willm.
- Premium Brut NV. Bestheim.
- Victorine De Chastenay Extra Brut 2014. Cave des Hautes-Côtes.
- Blanc de Blancs Brut NV. Comte d’Isenbourg.
- Blanc de Blancs Brut NV. Dopff & Irion.
- Rosé Extra Brut Zero Dosage NV. Dopff & Irion.
Is crémant cheaper than Champagne?
Crémant is often cheaper than champagne but it’s arguably just as delicious. While champagne and crémant are both French wines, the nation’s favourite fizz – prosecco – is actually Italian.
Is crémant de Loire any good?
If you are on a budget, Crémant offers some of the best sparkling wines. This is from one of the oldest and most consistent sparkling producers, Bouvet Ladubay. It is make like a Champagne but with a twist. Instead of Pinot or Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc makes up 85% of the blend (with the addition of 15% Chardonnay).