No matter where we go or what we look at, we’re bound to come across controversial subjects. Each and every one of us has a distinct point of view. Some tend to cling to their opinions more intensely than others. The controversial character of a subject is given not only by the disputes that surround it but also by the affective responses and the duration of the disputes. Certain disagreements can last for entire decades! In this article, we’ve made a list of the best controversial speech topics. All of these topics are designed to arouse the readers’ interest.
The primary target of approaching a controversial subject is to stimulate the audience to discuss the issue. It goes without saying that many people simply won’t be willing to change their opinions, regardless of how much effort you put in convincing them. Nevertheless, such attitudes shouldn’t discourage you. You can’t expect to change the world in a single day! Your statements must make the readers aware of a given situation by presenting it from your point of view. When your words strike a sensitive chord, you can be sure that what you’re doing is meaningful.
When approaching a controversial speech topic, you should be bold and sincere. Furthermore, you should always follow your instinct. However, don’t forget that you need to stay well-mannered and your approach must be pertinent. Keep in mind that, in some cases, it might be pretty easy to cross the line between stating your opinions and offending your audience, an error you should avoid by all means! Moreover, the lack of relevance can lead to disagreement. That said, take a look at our list of great controversial speech topics and choose the one that you feel the most excited about.
Political and economic topics
- Abortion procedures: supporters of life vs. supporters of option
- The entitlements of the LGBTQ community
- Firearm regulations vs. Second Amendment entitlements
- The legalization of assisted suicide in case of individuals suffering from deathly afflictions
- The utilization of sadism as a questioning strategy
- Can ethnical profiling be justified?
- The phenomenon of bribery in the press
- Nonacceptance of the Pledge of Allegiance in certain educational institutions in the US
- The Black Lives Matter movement as opposed to the Blue Lives Matter movement
- Should the President be bound by some predetermined moral ground rules when ruling the country?
- The disestablishment of the Electoral College procedure
- Should people who work in agriculture be granted financial protection against issues such as water shortages or plagues?
- American actions on the Iraqi front
- The US ought to avoid interfering in the internal issues of other countries
- Countrywide shortage
- Is global peace achievable?
- The economic measures discussed in the electoral campaign
- Racism: the tendency of victimizing oneself
- Atomic weapons control
- Governmental financial assistance of banks and economic organizations
- Work associations
- Homosexual matrimony
- The income of sportspeople as opposed to that of people who work in the army
- The excessive utilization of insults in electoral campaigns
- The fight against homelessness
- The reduced ethical standards in the US
- Inmates’ entitlements
- Felonies generated by racism
- University accessible to everyone
- Saving kids from abusive parents and placing them in the system
- Unequal treatment for males and females in work environments
- The practice of student loans
- Is Common Core beneficial or detrimental?
- Moral principles in the field of medicine
- How to enhance the living conditions in nursing institutions
- Is death penalty a cruelty or a necessity?
- The TSA excessive rules applied in airports
- Should people be allowed to buy alcohol at younger ages?
- The age at which people should be allowed to drive
- The prohibition of animal trials and experiments
- The legalization of same-sex matrimony
- Excessive taxes
- The limitations of the 1st Amendment Rights
- Putting an end to censorship: people are entitled to know!
- The limitations and regulations surrounding unlawful immigration
- Becoming a legal immigrant is a complicated procedure
- Is pleading mental illness a tactic of avoiding justice?
- Harsher weapon regulations in educational institutions
- More severe penalties for sex offenders
- The laws related to tobacco consumption
- Bribery amongst police officers
- Alerts regarding sex offenders
- Harsher regulations against racism
- More severe punishments for underage pornographic materials
- Life in prison may lead to future offenses
- Signing up for organ donations
- Compulsory drug tests for professional sportspersons
- The regulations for wearing the seatbelt and motorcycle helmet
- The disestablishment of the jury system
- People who adopt children have the legal obligation of allowing them to communicate with their biological progenitors
- Organizing philanthropical events responsible for donation distribution
- Harsher sanctions for individuals who commit acts of violence towards animals
- Relinquishing the necessity of authorization for search ad seizures
- Compulsory sterilization and castration of pets
- The utilization of spanking as a corrective method
- The availability of adoption documents
- Overusing the right to take legal action against a person
- Strategies utilized in prisons
- Birth control laws and accessibility
- The personal character of medical documents
- Defense against professional misconduct in the field of medicine
- The minimum wage and the way in which it influences work operations
- Steps towards legalizing cannabis
- Are specters real?
- Females’ role in the homestead
- Creationism vs. Evolutionism
- Midwives are a thing of the past
- Mass extermination
- The reasons and outcomes of the First World War
- The origins and outcomes of the Second World War
- The feminist movement and females’ entitlements
- The eradication of organized religious groups would benefit the entire world
- How religion disapproves of marriage annulments
- Couples who share a home without getting married
Scientific, biological and medical topics
- The harmful outcomes of ingesting Genetically Engineered food
- People with lung cancer as a result of smoking receiving damages
- PETA and the fight against animal brutality as a reason for becoming a vegan
- The utilization of antibiotics by meat businesses
- Should vaccines be compulsory for being admitted into a public educational institution?
- Are vaccines beneficial or detrimental?
- Are extraterrestrials real?
- Should those who apply for social assistance be subjected to drug testing?
- Biological weapons
- Alien spacecraft
- Males should be more involved in birth control procedures
- Fetal mistreatment throughout the pregnancy period
- The US’ fight against obesity
- Studies of stem cells
- Paranormal occurrences
- Treatment for people with mental handicaps
- “Value size” alternatives should be removed from fast foods
- The utilization of renewable and alternative energy
- Should polygamy become legal?
- How watching porn can affect a matrimony
- Sexuality in television
- Same-sex couples raising kids
- Gay people in the army
- Gay and bisexual people
- The introduction of adult topics in TV programs and films designed for kids
- Sexual identity
- Tattoos and different forms of corporeal art
- Is global warming a real problem or is it a big lie?
- Worldwide weather conditions modifications
- Ecological behaviors
- Establishing limits for trash production
- The significance of our existence
- Truthfulness and deceit
- The scientific technique as a continuous procedure
- Embedded GPS devices as a menace to intimacy
- How wireless internet and mobile phone signals can damage our health
- Gas effectiveness of cars
- Generating alternative energy
- Creating human clones
- Drones as war weapons
- Internet schooling
- The excessive utilization of computers in educational institutions
- Plastic surgical procedures
- Public supervision devices
- How homeschooling can influence kids
- Should people with artistic skills attend more practical universities?
- The year-round school system
- Educational institutions fail to teach us about life
- Suspension as a disciplinary measure
- The importance of pre-schools
- The role of homework
- Supervision of educational institutions
- Measures for protecting institutionalized kids
- Refusing to use products which are the result of animal violence
- Should public breastfeeding be allowed?
- Guns don’t kill people. Humans do!
- Is hunting ethical?
- School massacres and the involvement of the television
Sure, given the variety of amazing controversial essay topics to choose from can be a challenge in itself. Here, the best piece of advice would be to pick something you are really passionate about – this way, researching the material and writing the paper will be much more fun. And of course, when describing issues you believe in yourself, it is way easier to convince the audience – that is, your readers – in your point of view. And, ultimately, this is the goal you should be aiming for.
Finally, if you are in a rush, do not forget that there are plenty of professional essay writing service (just like ours) who would always be happy to offer you a helping hand with your academic papers. Even on a tight deadline!