How do I swap my SIM on O2?
To request a sim swap:
- Sign in to My O2 Business and go to My Account.
- Go to ‘Manage devices and select ‘Sim swap’
- Choose the mobile number for which you need a sim swap.
- Type the new sim card number into the box – and be sure to leave the prefix ‘894411’ in place, even if this number doesn’t appear on your sim card.
How do I get a new SIM with the same number?
How do I transfer my mobile number?
- Call or text your current provider to request a mobile PAC code. A PAC code should be given to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text.
- Contact your new network and give them the PAC code.
- Check the SIM works in your phone and the new number has ported across.
Can I just swap my SIM?
You can often switch your SIM card to a different phone, provided the phone is unlocked (meaning, it is not tied to a particular carrier or device) and the new phone will accept the SIM card. All you need to do is remove the SIM from the phone it is in currently, then place it into the new unlocked phone.
How do I swap my SIM card?
Remove the old SIM card from the tray.
- If your SIM is below the back panel, use your fingernails to gently pull it out of its slot instead. Remember which direction the SIM faces, as you’ll want to insert the new SIM the same way.
- Make sure that you don’t touch the gold contacts on the bottom of the SIM card.
What happens when you do a SIM swap?
When doing a SIM swap, all your services remain unchanged due to the services being linked to your cellphone number and not the SIM number. The PIN and PUK numbers of your new SIM will not be the same as the old SIM card. Your RICA information will also be moved to the new SIM when the SIM swap is successful.
How do I activate my new SIM O2?
You can activate your sim in five simple steps:
- Pop out the right size sim for your device, put it in and switch it on.
- Visit the Pay As You Go mobile broadband page.
- Enter your mobile broadband number and click sign in.
- Follow the instructions to register and activate your data.
- You’re ready to go.
Can I get a SIM with my old number?
Yes, you can. If you move from one network to another then you need to ask your old network for a PAC code, and give it to your new network within 30 days. Your new network will port your mobile number over to your new SIM.
How does a SIM swap work?
SIM swapping is when a scammer transfers your phone number to another device to access your accounts. A scammer who knows your account password can call customer care and ask to have the SIM card linked to your phone number changed to a new SIM card and device, effectively taking over your phone number.
What happens when you do a sim swap?
What is meant by SIM swap?
By SIM swap, we simply mean changing mobile SIM cards. Under SIM swap fraud, fraudsters get a new SIM card issued against your registered mobile number via the mobile service provider.