How do you add more words to an essay?
How to Increase Your Essay Word Count
- Add Examples. Skim through your essay looking for any place you have used an example to make a point.
- Address Different Viewpoints.
- Clarify Statements.
- Find Additional Sources.
- Use Quotations.
- Rework Introduction and Conclusion.
- Page Count.
How can I lengthen my essay?
Below are some ways that you can make your essay longer if you’re struggling to reach the required word count.
- Add Supporting Evidence.
- Ensure that You’ve Included Everything.
- Use Transitional Phrases.
- Use Quotations.
- Take Another Look at Your Outline.
- Have Someone Read Your Essay.
- Spell Out Numbers or Contractions.
How do you add more words to an essay hack?
Here are nine legitimate hacks to make your essay longer and meet the word limit.
- Refer to the scoring rubric. “But I’ve already done that..”
- Identify additional sources.
- Describe what you want to say.
- Include examples.
- Include statistical data.
- Insert illustrations.
- Write well-formatted paragraphs.
- Use transition words.
What word replaces longer in an essay?
Including great transitions in your essay will make it longer and better at the same time. Use transition words and phrases like “with this in mind,” “on the contrary,” and “because….” These transitions should come at the beginning of each paragraph or the end of the paragraph just before it.
How do you make words longer?
12 Real Ways to Make an Essay Longer
- Check the Prompt or Assignment Again.
- Make Sure You Have Included Everything.
- Take Another Look at Your Introduction.
- Add More Evidence and References.
- Bring in Relevant Quotations.
- Improve and Expand Your Descriptions.
- Expand Each Paragraph for Clarity.
- Enhance Your Transitions.
How do I lengthen my introduction?
The introduction of an essay is usually short, but you can choose to lengthen your introduction by giving a small history about the origin of the topic you are writing. When you conclude, make sure that you touch on every point you had talked in your body but in the summary form.
How can I extend my introduction?
Use a stat or fact to convey importance.
- Keep your first sentence short.
- Say something unusual.
- Don’t repeat the title.
- Keep the introduction brief.
- Use the word “you” at least once.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to articulating what the article covers.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to explaining why the article is important.