Why is my touchpad not working on my Gateway laptop?
Click on the “Mouse” option under the “Printers and Other Hardware” tab. In the next menu that pops up, click on the tab listed as “Device Settings.” From this menu, you should be able to locate a listing for the mouse pad on your Gateway laptop. From here, you should be able to enable the mouse again.
How do I turn my touchpad back on Gateway?
- Go into “Control Panel”.
- Click “Hardware and Sound”.
- Now click “Mouse and Touchpad”.
- Now go to “Additional mouse options”.
- The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
- Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn’t then click “Enable Device”.
- Exit both that screen and “Control Panel”.
How do I unfreeze my mouse on my Gateway laptop?
- On your keyboard, hold down the Fn key and press the touchpad key (or F7, F8, F9, F5, depending on the laptop brand you’re using).
- Move your mouse and check if the mouse frozen on laptop issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 3, below.
What do you do when your mouse is frozen?
How to Fix a Computer When the Cursor is Frozen
- Press Crtl-Alt-Delete (at the same time).
- Turn off your computer and restart it.
- Press the tower’s power button and hold on to it until the entire system shuts down.
- Try a different mouse.
- Try connecting a USB mouse into a USB port.
Why does my cursor freeze?
If your mouse is freezing up, it might be because of a broken part in the mouse itself. Whilst the most likely part of your mouse to be damaged is the sensor, it could also be the cable if you’re using a wired mouse, as well as the buttons and scroll wheel.
How do I diagnose my Touchpad problems?
How to Diagnose Touchpad Problems
- Clean off the touchpad.
- Disable the touchpad lock.
- Check your touchpad’s settings.
- Update your touchpad’s driver.
- Update your computer hardware and BIOS.
- Uninstall, then reinstall your touchpad’s driver.
- Check program incompatibility.