What songs have good bass lines?
The 25 greatest basslines of all time
- The Chicken – Jaco Pastorius.
- Rio – Duran Duran (John Taylor)
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell (James Jamerson)
- Tommy The Cat – Primus (Les Claypool)
- The Chain – Fleetwood Mac (John McVie)
- Phantom Of The Opera – Iron Maiden (Steve Harris)
What makes a good bass line?
Bassline represents the core of every modern song. An awesome sounding bassline almost always consists of two factors, an excellent sound, and a great groove. In other words, the bassline uses low notes that provide rhythm while simultaneously setting out the foundation of the chord progression.
What is the hardest bass line to play?
Top 10 Most Challenging Songs To Play On Bass
- Hysteria – Muse.
- (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth – Metallica.
- Jerry Was A Racecar Driver – Primus.
- YYZ – Rush.
- Teen Town – Weather Report.
- Nobody Weird Like Me – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Victor Wooten – More Love.
- Frantic Disembowelment – Cannibal Corpse.
What is the most famous bassline?
The 10 greatest basslines of all time
- 9 Interpol – ‘Evil’
- 8 The Breeders – ‘Cannonball’
- 7 Nancy Sinatra – ‘These Boots Are Made For Walkin”
- 6 Nirvana – ‘Come As You Are’
- 5 New Order – ‘Blue Monday’
- 4 Lou Reed – ‘Walk On The Wild Side’
- 3 Talking Heads – ‘Psycho Killer’
- 2 Joy Division – ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’
How do you make bass lines for songs?
How to Write a Bass Line in 5 Steps
- Know the root note. Knowing the root note of each chord is the starting point for all great bass lines.
- Choose your chords.
- Play notes in the same scale.
- Play some notes off-beat.
- Add variation.