How do I disable the Charms bar in Windows 8?
You may right-click on the Windows 8.1 Taskbar and select properties to open Taskbar Properties box. Under Navigation tab, uncheck the When I point to the upper-right corner show the charms option. Click Apply and exit. Do note that this will disable the Charms bar, only when you point to the upper right corner.
How do I stop Windows Sidebar?
To disable the sidebar, right click on the sidebar or sidebar icon, and choose properties:
- Uncheck the “Start Sidebar when Windows starts” checkbox:
- Then right-click on the icon, and choose Exit to close the sidebar:
- Your sidebar should now be gone, and won’t start back up with Windows anymore.
How do you turn off charms?
- Right-click Taskbar followed by clicking Properties in the context menu.
- Then click the Navigation tab.
- Now, under the Corner navigation section, simply uncheck ‘When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms’ option and hit OK.
How do I get rid of YouTube sidebar?
To prevent the sidebars from appearing, edit your browser with a user script.
- Enable a script extender in your browser.
- Navigate to the “Removes YouTube’s Subscription Bar/Autoplay” Web page at Userscripts.org (link in Resources).
- Click “Install,” then open a YouTube video to view it without the sidebar.
How can I remove the sidebar from my computer?
Right click on the bottom left corner of the screen (while on your desktop) Click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features. Locate Sidebar or other related suspicious program. Click Uninstall button. Wait until uninstall process is complete. Click Start and choose Control Panel.
How do I disable hot corners in Windows 8?
In the Start8 Configuration window, go to the Desktop section and find and check the option labeled “Disable all Windows 8 hot corners when at the Desktop.” There’s no reboot required; your change will be applied as soon as you check the box.
Is there way to disable charms bar in Windows 8?
Some Windows 8 users may want to keep the Charms Bar but just limit the chances of accidentally triggering it with the mouse. To do this, Microsoft provides a user option to disable the hot corner Charms Bar trigger when you move your mouse cursor into the top-right corner of your screen.
How do you uninstall a program in Windows 8?
Windows 8/8.1 Right click on the bottom left corner of the screen (while on your desktop) In the menu choose Control Panel Click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features. Locate Sidebar or other related suspicious program. Click Uninstall button. Wait until uninstall process is complete.