What is the best area to live in Athens Greece?
- Plaka Neighborhood – Best Neighborhood in Athens for First-timers.
- Gazi Neighborhood – Best Area to Stay in Athens on a Budget.
- Psyri Neighborhood – Best Area to Stay in Athens for Nightlife.
- Exarchia Neighborhood – Artsiest Neighborhood in Athens.
- Kifissia Neighborhood – Best Neighborhood for Families.
What are the safest neighborhoods in Athens Greece?
Safest place to stay in Athens: Plaka, Kolonaki, Koukaki, Monastiraki and all the areas around Acropolis (Thission, Petralona, Filopappou) are considered super safe. Syntagma Square is not so safe as it is usually the epicentre of demonstrations and riots. Also, Exarcheia, Kypseli, Gyzi and Omonoia are less safe.
Where are the nice parts of Athens?
The 6 most scenic neighborhoods in Athens
- Plaka and Anafiotika. The Roman Agora.
- Monastiraki and Psirri. Lively and buzzing atmosphere at Monastiraki square.
- Keramikos and Gazi. Urban feeling in Keramikos neighborhood.
- Koukaki. The National Museum of Contemporary Art in Koukaki.
Where do the rich live in Athens?
The Athens suburb of Palaio Psychico is home to the richest people in Greece, according to data processed and published by the Finance Ministry?
Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
A lot of people visiting the country wonder if they can drink tap water in Greece. The tap water is not potable throughout the country. Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap.
Is Athens or Rome better?
Both Athens and Rome had a good system of citizenship, but Rome had a better system. Rome had a better citizenship than Athens because they had less requirements, they were more organized, and they gave their citizens more fair rights. Rome had less requirements for someone to become a citizen than Athens.