What is SmartStart in HP?
SmartStart provides an easy-to-use, intuitive graphical interface that guides the user through preparing user’s system for the Operating System (OS) installation process. SmartStart integrates key server software drivers and management agents through ProLiant Support Packs with every assisted installation.
Which tool replaces the SmartStart CDs and Smart Update Firmware DVD that were used with previous generation ProLiant servers?
Intelligent Provisioning is a single-server deployment tool embedded in all HPE ProLiant Gen8 servers, and replaces the SmartStart CDs and Smart Update Firmware DVD shipped with previous generation HPE ProLiant servers.
How can I get HP Adu report?
How to generate ADU report on HP ProLiant server running Esxi 5. x or 6.0
- /opt/hp # esxcli hpssacli cmd –q “controller all show status” this command will show you the available controllers,
- /opt/hp # esxcli hpssacli cmd –q “controller slot=0 show config detail” >>/tmp/ADUreport.txt.
How do I reinstall HP Intelligent Provisioning Gen8?
- Download Intelligent Provisioning. Click here to download Intelligent Provisioning .
- Select an Operating System (Example: Windows 2008 R2).
- Click on HP Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media.
- Click Download button to download the HP Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media.
How do I boot into HP Smart Start?
On an HP ProLiant server, start HP Insight Diagnostics Offline Edition from the HP SmartStart CD:
- Insert the HP SmartStart CD into the optical drive.
- Shut down the operating system, and then power off the server.
- Power on the server. The system boots from the SmartStart CD.
What are the possible reasons to use the iLO service port?
The iLO service port can be used for:
- Downloading the Active Health System Log to a supported USB flash drive.
- Connecting a client (such as a laptop) with a supported USB to a Ethernet adapter in order to access the iLO web interface, remote console, CLI, iLO RESTful API, or scripts.
Which tool should you use to install an operating system on a single ProLiant Gen8 server?
Installing an operating system using Intelligent Provisioning. HP Intelligent Provisioning is a single-server deployment tool embedded in HP ProLiant Gen8 servers that replaces the HP SmartStart CDs and Smart Update Firmware DVD used with previous generations of HP ProLiant servers.
How do I collect Adu reports in Windows?
Click Start>All Programs>HP System Tools>HP Smart Storage Administrator Diagnostics Utility>Read Me
- Generate a diagnostic report with the following command: hpssaducli -f adu-report.zip.
- Generate a SmartSSD Wear Gague report with the following command: hpssaducli -ssd -f ssd-report.zip.
How do I reinstall HP Intelligent Provisioning?
Install Intelligent Provisioning Recovery, by performing the following steps:
- Insert the USB Key and power up the unit.
- To boot from the USB key, press F11 and select Option 3: One Time Boot to USB Drive Key.
- The system will boot from the USB Key and install IP Recovery.
How do I reinstall HP Intelligent Provisioning gen10?
To reinstall or upgrade Intelligent Provisioning, use the appropriate version of Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media or Intelligent Provisioning for Gen9 Servers. Enter a product name (e.g., “ProLiant DL360 Gen9”) in the text field under Enter a Product Name or Number. Click Go.
Is the HP ProLiant dl380p Gen8 an embedded controller?
In this exclusive review, we bring you the first look at HP’s flagship ProLiant DL380p Gen8. This 2U rack server introduces the new iLO4 embedded controller, which comes with HP’s Agentless Management, Active Health System (AHS) and Embedded Remote Support features.
Can you use SmartStart on HPE ProLiant Gen8?
SmartStart and the Firmware DVD are not supported on HPE ProLiant Gen8 servers, and the CDs and DVD do not ship with HPE ProLiant Gen8 servers.
Is the HP ProLiant dl380 G7 compatible with SmartStart DVD?
HP’s Intelligent Provisioning means you no longer need to boot the server with a SmartStart DVD to load an OS – it’s been a long time coming; Dell had a similar feature more than three years ago. Storage capacity is the same as the DL380 G7, with the server supporting up to 16 SFF or eight LLF drives.
Which is the latest generation of HP ProLiant servers?
HP claims its eighth-generation ProLiant servers are so intelligent they manage themselves. Along with giving administrators more free time, they offer improved I/O, flexible configuration options and, with Intel’s E5-2600 Xeons in the driving seat, much more processing power.