What is the proper way to abbreviate United States?
United States and U.S. In APA style, “United States” should always be spelled out when it is used as a noun or location. Example: In the United States, 67% reported this experience. United States can be abbreviated as “U.S.” when it is used as an adjective.
What is the abbreviation for America?
In headlines under AP style, however, it’s “postal style” US (no periods). And the abbreviated form of United States of America is USA (no periods).
Do you say United States of America?
The United States, or the United States of America in full, takes a singular verb because the term designates a single country rather than a collection of states. The expression these United States appears occasionally in American publications, but this plural form is not recommended in formal writing.
Do you abbreviate United States in AP style?
AP Style holds that you should use periods in the abbreviation for United States within text. It is U.S. (with periods). In headlines, however, the abbreviation has no periods. It is US (with no periods).
Can I use US in an essay?
1. Do not use first-person pronouns (“I,” “me,” “my,” “we,” “us,” etc.). Using these expressions in analytical and persuasive essays can make the writing wordy, can make the writer seem less confident of his or her ideas, and can give the essay an informal tone.
What does the U stand for in USA?
U Save. Business » General Business. Rate it: US. Sites in the United States.
What state does the abbreviation MT stand for?
MT. Mont. Nebraska. NE. Neb. or Nebr.
How do you use us in a sentence?
Us sentence example
- You didn’t tell us it was her birthday.
- I hope he likes us all.
- Let us examine our prison and see what it is like.
- Let us hear the rest.
- What’s going to become of us now?
- Let us wait until evening.
- He worries about all of us , you know.
- I just don’t think it’s a good idea for us to be out here alone.
Is it for us or for we?
When you want to use we or us before a noun, first decide whether or not the noun is the subject. If it is, use the pronoun we. If it’s not, you must be dealing with an object and you’ll want to use the other first-person plural pronoun: us. What did we boys read when we were little?