How do I do an advanced search in File Explorer?
Click in the Search box at the bottom of the Start menu or at the top of an Explorer window. Type an advanced search.
How do I search for a phrase in Windows 10 File Explorer?
How to Search for a Specific Phrase in Windows 10 File Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Type the following string in the search box: content:”your phrase”
- You will see the colour of the text changes to light blue – I assume this means Windows recognises this as a specific instruction.
How do I search for a phrase in File Explorer?
How to Search for words within files on Windows 7
- Open windows explorer.
- Using the left hand file menu select the folder to search in.
- Find the search box in the top right hand corner of the explorer window.
- In the search box type content: followed by the word or phrase you are searching for.(eg content:yourword)
How do I search for multiple words in File Explorer?
2. File Explorer
- Open the folder you want to search in File Explorer, select the View menu and click the Options button.
- In the window that opens, click on the Search tab, select “Always search file names and contents” and click “OK”
How do I search for files on Windows 10?
How to search on a Windows 10 computer via the taskbar
- In the search bar located on the left-hand side of your taskbar, next to the Windows button, type the name of the app, document, or file that you’re looking for.
- From the search results listed, click on the one that matches what you’re looking for.
How do you search for a word in all files in a directory?
Search All Files in Directory To search all files in the current directory, use an asterisk instead of a filename at the end of a grep command.
How do I search multiple keywords?
Search for multiple items You can enter more than one query into Google at a time to view all options. Simply key on “OR” between the terms.
How do I search the contents of multiple files?
Go to Search > Find in Files (Ctrl+Shift+F for the keyboard addicted) and enter:
- Find What = (test1|test2)
- Filters = *. txt.
- Directory = enter the path of the directory you want to search in. You can check Follow current doc. to have the path of the current file to be filled.
- Search mode = Regular Expression.
How do I enable search in Windows Explorer?
In any open File Explorer window, click the File menu and then select “Change folder and search options.” In the Folder Options window, switch to the View tab and then scroll down to the options under “When typing into list view.” Click the option “Automatically type into the Search Box” and then click OK.