Do you need special shoes for Nordic Walking?
Although you do not need much equipment to take up Nordic Walking, once you become a regular (and you will!) NORDIC WALKING SHOES Once you are Nordic Walking regularly or for longer distances it is advised you invest a pair of shoes specifically designed to support and cushion your foot as it rolls from heel to toe.
Can Nordic walking shoes be used for normal walking?
It is the toes that provide propulsion making the foot’s motion regular on the surface. Nordic walking shoe benefits the feet in the way a traditional walking shoe cannot. It protects the feet from uneven terrain. The soles should also be as flexible as possible to allow the foot to unroll during the walk.
What are the best walking shoes for long distance?
Here are the best long-distance walking shoes right now:
- Wide Feet – Skechers Gowalk Joy – Paradise.
- Dual Action – Adidas Men’s Cloudfoam Ultimate.
- Plantar Fasciitis Relief – Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 19.
- Most Breathable – Nike Women’s Fitness Shoes.
- Durable – Saucony Men’s Excursion TR12 Sneaker.
Is Reebok a Canadian company?
Reebok produces and distributes fitness, running, and CrossFit sportswear, including clothing and footwear….Reebok.
|Reebok shop at South Edmonton Common, Canada, pictured in May 2020|
|Founded||1895 in Bolton, Lancashire, England|
|Founder||Joseph William Foster|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, US|
What do you wear for Nordic Walking?
Here are some suggestions for what to wear to stay dry and comfortable Nordic walking this autumn and winter.
- Footwear. Take a look at my blog Best foot forward – what shoes to wear for Nordic walking.
- Waterproof over-trousers.
- Base and mid layers.
- Waterproof jackets.
- Hats, gloves and buffs.