Who do I contact about direct payments?
If you are not able to contact them, please contact the Direct Payments Support Service at Citizens Advice Waltham Forest on 0203 233 0279.
Can a carer receive direct payments?
Direct payments are available from Health and Social Care Trusts for someone who is assessed as needing help from social services. You can usually receive a direct payment if you are a carer aged 16 or over.
How do I contact carers allowance by phone?
- Call the Carer’s Allowance Unit on 0800 731 0297 (textphone: 0800 731 0317).
- Visit GOV.UK to download a claim form or claim online.
Is carers allowance the same as direct payments?
A direct payment is the amount of money that the local council or trust has to pay to meet your needs or those of the person you are looking after. Often carers are offered a one-off carer’s direct payment instead of having the option of directly supplied services.
What are the disadvantages of direct payments?
Disadvantages of direct payments
- You may find it a burden having to commission your own care and support.
- You may find yourself, for example, having to employ people and comply with tax and employment law which is often not straightforward.
How much is the one off carers payment?
Carers – Payment of One-Off Carer Bonus Recipients of Carer Allowance will receive a payment of $600 for each eligible care receiver.
What can I spend my carers personal budget on?
What can I do with my personal budget?
- travel expenses or fees to take up leisure or education activities.
- health promotion activities such as exercise classes, gym membership, massages or relaxation or complementary therapies.
- practical things such as a washing machine or a computer.
Can I get Carers Allowance for myself?
Can I claim Carer’s Allowance for myself? Yes, but only one carer can claim it, even if more than one person is in a caring role.
What else can I claim if I get carers allowance?
Attendance Allowance. Disability Living Allowance (the middle or higher rate of the care component) Personal Independence Payment (either rate of the daily living component) Armed Forces Independence Payment.
What can I spend my carers grant on?
Can I use direct payments for gardening?
Payments can be made for day-to-day things such as dressing, cooking, driving, bathing children, support to facilitate discharge from hospital. They can also be used for social activities – visiting friends, evening classes and college courses, gardening – as well as for assistance to access training and employment.
What can direct payments be spent on?
What can I use my direct payment for?
- Care and support to help you live in your own home.
- Employing a personal assistant to help you do different activities.
- Transport costs to meet eligible needs.
- Support in college or in a job.
- Travel training.
- Short breaks and leisure activities.