Is Nicki Minaj still signed to Cash Money?
Over the course of the label’s existence, a number of rappers have been signed to Cash Money Records such as Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Tyga and more. Wayne, however, officially left the label in 2018, after settling a lawsuit with Cash Money while Drizzy parted ways the following year.
How do I submit my music to labels?
10. Demo Submission Checklist
- Send bulk emails to multiple record label contacts.
- Send a demo through social media messages.
- Tell the A&R that your demo is a work in progress.
- Send unfinished tracks, remixes, or mashups.
- Send tracks with copyrighted material.
- Attach MP3, WAV or other files to emails unless it’s preferred.
How can I get my music heard for free?
Note: This article contains affiliate links where the author may receive a commission.
- Promote your email list.
- Send your music to a radio station.
- Reach out to a music blog for a review.
- Post on social media.
- Comment on something that interest you.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to a playlist curator.
- Look at your analytics.
What record label pays the most?
Universal Music Publishing Group is the largest record label company in the world by 2018 revenue.
Is Drake on Cash Money Records?
Cash Money (or styled as Ca$h Money) is an American record label founded in 1991 by brothers Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams. The label has been home to a roster of hip hop artists, including Lil Wayne, Drake, and Nicki Minaj, and is regarded as one of the most successful in hip-hop history.
Should I send my music to record labels?
When you reach out to a label, send them a private streaming link or an MP3 (via a site like Dropbox) and make sure your tracks are properly labeled. “Nine times out of ten, a label’s going to understand your music enough to know if they want to pursue you. It’s just about communicating that.”