What is Pwia?

What is Pwia?

Affidavits using L&I’s Prevailing Wage Intents and Affidavits (PWIA) system.

What is an intent and affidavit?

When a public works contract is signed with the Bremerton Housing Authority, the contractor is required to submit an Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages (Intent) and an Affidavit of Wages Paid (Affidavit) for that project. It is BHA’s responsibility to include this requirement in the contract document.

How do I submit certified payroll?

Where Do I Send Certified Payroll Reports? You will need to submit certified payroll reports to the Labor Commissioner using the DIR’s (Department of Industrial Relations) online system. You can either upload the completed WH-347 form or you can fill it out digitally and submit it through their system.

How do I file a intent to pay prevailing wage in Washington state?

The “Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages” should be filed immediately after the contract is awarded and before work begins. The intent must be filed online through your Contractor Portal in My L&I.

What are certified wages?

At its most basic level, a certified payroll is a company’s accounting of everything paid out on a contract performed for a government client. It is a detailed record that records hours worked, the wages paid to each employee, and the jobs those employees performed.

Who needs to submit certified payroll?

Contractors and subcontractors on most public works projects are required to submit certified payroll records (CPRs) to the Labor Commissioner using DIR’s electronic certified payroll reporting system. A few categories of public works projects are exempt from reporting online to DIR.