How do I download geocaches to my Garmin?
Sending an Individual Geocache to a Device
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Sign in to your account on www.geocaching.com.
- Use the search function to find geocaches.
- Select Map These Geocaches from the results page.
- Select the desired geocache from the list on the left.
- Select Send to Garmin.
How do I download a GPX file from geocaching?
Search for a cache on the map, toggle a geocache, and select the Download GPX button from the map preview to download the cache to your GPS or computer.
Can I use my phone as a GPS for geocaching?
Since geocaching required a GPS, Android-based smartphones are a great tool to use since you normally have them with you.
Can you geocache with a Garmin watch?
Downloading geocaches to your GPS device hasn’t always been easy. Thanks to our recent collaboration with Garmin, Premium members can now send a list of geocaches to their Garmin GPS device with the click of a button. We teamed up with Garmin on this new feature to make geocaching with your Garmin GPS easier than ever.
How do I download maps from geocaching?
Go to the Lists section in your Geocaching® app. Tap the ellipsis (…) next to the List that you want to download. Select Download Offline Data.
How accurate is geocaching?
Neither a GPS or smartphone will give you an exact position. At best, you’ll get an accuracy of 10 to 15 feet (3 to 5 meters). Obstructions can lead to an accuracy of 5 to 30 feet (6 to 10 meters) or worse.
Is GPS better than phone for geocaching?
A modern phone is just as accurate as any handheld GPSr today. Civilian GPS “accuracy” is the same for both, at around 10 feet.
What is Garmin geocache?
A geocache is a set of coordinates leading you to something that someone may want you to find or simply see, such as a container or scenic area.
Which Garmin is best for geocaching?
#1 Garmin GPSMAP 60:
- Rugged, highly functional, best value GPS for geocaching. This Garmin GPSMAP 60 has a very large display for its size, and it is waterproof and easy to read.
- Best value, great for beginner hikers and geocachers.
- Lots of bells and whistles, and great if you want to use it in your car too.
Do you need a GPS for geocaching?
For geocaching, an expensive and elaborate GPS device is not necessary. At the simplest level, you will need a GPS device for which you can easily enter waypoints. A device should also be easy to use, accessible, and durable.
How do I download offline maps for geocaching?
When you download offline data for a geocache List, offline maps are automatically saved to your device….Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Lists section in your Geocaching® app.
- Tap the ellipsis (…) next to the List that you want to download.
- Select Download Offline Data.