What is dance criteria?
Judging Criteria POSTURE makes dancers look elegant and exude confidence. TIMING and BASIC RHYTHM refers to their ability to dance on time with the music. BODY LINE describes the length and stretch of their bodies from head to toe. Attractive body lines, curved or straight, enhance the shapes of the figures they dance.
What is the highest score you can get at a dance competition?
The total number of available points to be scored per routine is 300. Platinum, Elite High Gold, High Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards will be given out during each competition. This adjudication is assigned by the overall score a routine receives based on the following point system: PLATINUM: 300-285.
What are the levels in dance?
Movements take place on three levels: high, middle, and low or deep level.
How does dance competition scoring work?
Although scoring at dance competitions vary, judges usually give scores based on score technique, performance, costume, music, and difficulty level of the performance. The performances are usually ranked within each dance category. Most competitions have opportunities for dancers to win title positions.
What are the four elements of dance?
There are four fundamental compositional elements of dance: space, time, force, and shape.
What are the basic steps of cha cha?
These instructions will teach you how to do the basic step of the Cha-Cha.
- Step 1: Get Music, Shoes, and a Partner.
- Step 2: Dance Position.
- Step 3: Break Step (Counts Two-and-Three)
- Step 4: Cha-Cha-Cha (Counts Four-and-One)
- Step 5: Another Break Step (Counts Two-and-Three)
- Step 6: Another Cha-Cha-Cha (Counts Four-and-One)
How do you make a criteria?
How to write key selection criteria
- Step 1: brainstorm key words and ideas. Copy and paste the criteria from the position description into a new document.
- Step 2: write a statement using the SAO approach. Write a statement under each criterion of 60 to 120 words using the SAO approach:
- Step 3: proofread your statements.
How do you judge a good picture?
A good photo is judged on the following criteria:
- Its impact.
- The lighting.
- The story it tells.
- Its technical quality.
- Points of interests.
- Use of color.
What should you not do at a dance competition?
It is just as important to know and remember the things you should NEVER do before a competition….A few to mention:
- Check the program to see who you are dancing against.
- Have wild and crazy sex …
- Chug a lot of water.
- Static stretching.
- Check out other partners.