How much should I budget for Turkey per day?
You should plan to spend around TRY434 ($49) per day on your vacation in Turkey, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, TRY135 ($15) on meals for one day and TRY67 ($7.51) on local transportation.
How much will a trip to Turkey cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Turkey is $870 for a solo traveler, $1,416 for a couple, and $1,054 for a family of 4. Turkey hotels range from $33 to $141 per night with an average of $54, while most vacation rentals will cost $70 to $390 per night for the entire home.
Is Istanbul cheap for tourists?
Istanbul is a popular European destination for travelers from all over the world. Istanbul is also a cheap destination when compared to other main European metropolitan cities.
What is the cheapest way to travel in Istanbul?
7 Ways You Can Experience Istanbul On a Budget
- Stay in hostels.
- Book with the cheap airlines.
- Buy an Istanbul Card for public transportation.
- Eat at cheap (but good) restaurants.
- Take public transportation.
- Enjoy the free events.
- Take the dolmuş instead of a cab.
How much cash can you bring to Turkey?
– There is no limit to the amount of foreign and Turkish currency to be brought into Turkey. – More than US$5000 worth of Turkish currency can not be taken out of the country. – Up to US$5000 worth of foreign currency can be taken out of the country.
Do people speak English in Turkey?
Prevalence of English is actually quite low in Turkey, with less than one fifth of the population reported as speaking English. Recent stats indicate that around 17% of the Turkist population can speak English to some extent, though even many of this small proportion will only be able to speak very basic English.
How many days do I need in Istanbul?
So, how long should you stay in Istanbul? Give the city, at least three days if you’re coming for the first time. Three days in Istanbul will enable you to see the city’s most renowned sights — but anticipate a jam-packed schedule if you want to make the most of your time there!
How much does a meal cost in Istanbul?
Cost of Living in Istanbul
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||40.00TL|
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||200.00TL|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||35.00TL|
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||22.00TL|
How much is a coffee in Istanbul?
You can get a cup of instant coffee in Istanbul for around 36p. At Starbucks in Turkey coffee is between 6 and 15 lira (72p – £1.80) depending on the kind of coffee you order. Coffee in Marmaris costs £1.20 and £1.45 at the Marina, a Cappuccino is £1.45-£1.70.
How can I save money in Turkey?
Turkey On A Budget: 9 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Money In Turkey
- Be Savvy When Choosing Accommodation.
- Eat Where The Locals Eat.
- Always Change Your Money When You Arrive.
- Get Your Haggle on.
- Avoid Buying Excursions From Your Rep.
- Avoid The Buy-One-Get-One-Frees.
- Travel Outside Of July And August.
- Use Public Transport.