How do I uninstall applications on Mac OS X?
Use the Finder to delete an app
- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Can I delete OS X Mavericks?
Can I move the Install OS X Maverick file to the trash? Answer: A: Answer: A: If you have already upgraded, you can delete it.
How do I uninstall an application from Terminal Mac?
Delete apps using Terminal To open Terminal, go to Applications → Utilities → Terminal. Type sudo uninstall file:// into the command line. Then go to the Applications folder in Finder and drag the icon of the app that you wish to uninstall into the Terminal window — it will automatically paste itself.
How do I reset the OSX base system?
How to erase your startup disk in macOS Recovery mode
- Click on your startup disk in the Disk Utility sidebar.
- Click Erase.
- Click the Format drop-down menu.
- Click on the format you want to use for your drive.
- Click Erase.
How do you make sure a program is completely Uninstall on Mac?
On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar. Do one of the following: If an app is in a folder, open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall [App] or [App] Uninstaller, double-click it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I delete uninstalled apps?
The tried-and-true method for deleting apps from your Android phone or tablet is simple: Long-press on the app’s icon until the app shortcut’s popup shows up. You’ll either see an “i” button or see App Info; tap it. Next, select Uninstall. It’s simple and works on every Android device I’ve ever used.