How do I get rid of a virus on my MacBook air?
How to get rid of a virus on a Mac
- Find and open Activity Monitor.
- Find and stop programs that are harming your computer.
- You can drag programs straight from your Applications folder to the Trash.
- Open the “Safari Extensions” menu.
- Open your System Preferences.
- You can pick and choose which programs open at startup.
Can MacBook be affected by virus?
Absolutely. Apple computers can get viruses and malware just like PCs can. While iMacs, MacBooks, Mac Minis, and iPhones may not be as frequent targets as Windows computers, all have their fair share of threats.
How do I check for malware on my MacBook air?
Check Activity Monitor for Mac malware
- Open Activity Monitor from Applications > Utilities.
- Go to the CPU tab, if you’re not already in it.
- Click the % CPU column to sort high to low, and look for high CPU use.
- If you see a process that looks suspicious, do a Google search on it.
Can you get a virus on a MacBook Air?
Yes, Macs can get viruses. Sadly, your MacBook, iMac, or Mac Mini can all get infected with malware. Macs are less vulnerable than Windows computers, but viruses and hackers can successfully attack them too.
What do I do if my macbook has a virus?
Stop the ones you think are malicious. You also need to remove unwanted applications. You can do so by going to ‘Finder,’ toggling over to ‘applications,’ and removing apps that you believe are malicious or which you did not download. Do this by dragging them to the trash icon and emptying trash.
Can a MacBook Air get a virus?
Can you reset your MacBook Air?
The best way to restore your Mac to factory settings is to erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS. After macOS installation is complete, the Mac restarts to a setup assistant that asks you to choose a country or region. Instead, press Command-Q to shut down the Mac.