How do I make my galley kitchen more functional?
6 Brilliant Space-Making Solutions for Galley Kitchens
- Use windowsills as shelves. Ideally, your galley kitchen has at least one window.
- Add a breakfast bar.
- Take advantage of the tops of your cabinets.
- Put storage racks wherever possible.
- Use whatever wall space you have.
- Don’t forget the space over your window, too.
Can you remodel a galley kitchen?
Galley kitchen remodeling can be a great way to take a kitchen space that’s already efficient and functional and add elements that increase both its utility and attractiveness.
How much does it cost to remodel a galley kitchen?
According to Bob Villa, the average galley kitchen remodel cost will fall between $17,000 and $21,000. Investing that amount of money into your galley kitchen should allow you to upgrade countertops, flooring and cabinets for all but the largest kitchens or most high-end materials.
How long does it take to remodel a galley kitchen?
“Full kitchen renovations that include changes in plumbing and electrical service locations, along with all new appliances, products and finishes, can take anywhere between 3 to 5 months,” says Hidalgo-Nilsson, “depending on the size and complexity of the kitchen.
Where should a refrigerator go in a galley kitchen?
For a typical galley layout, McFadden suggests putting the refrigerator on one end, a pantry (if there is one) and wall ovens on the other end, with the sink and cooktop centered in the middle on opposite walls. If the kitchen is wide enough, he recommends putting the cooktop directly across from the sink.
Is it worth it to remodel a kitchen?
An average kitchen remodel will pay off more than a high-end renovation. Value Report, a major kitchen remodel costs $68,490 and homeowners recoup $40,127, which is 58.6 percent. An upscale kitchen remodel costs $135,547, with a 53.9 percent ROI.
How do you update an old galley kitchen?
5 Galley Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
- Paint the Walls a Space-Enhancing Shade. A fresh coat of paint is the first remodeling idea you should consider for a galley kitchen.
- Add Windows and Let There Be Light.
- Choose Understated Flooring.
- Install Sleek Cabinetry.
- Turn Your Galley Kitchen Into an Open Kitchen.