How do I disable ModSecurity?
How to Disable mod_security in Apache
- Open . htaccess file. .
- Disable mod_security in . htaccess. Add the following code to your .
- Restart Apache web server. Restart Apache web server to apply changes.
- Log into cPanel. Log into cPanel and go to Security section.
- Disable mod_security in cPanel. Click mod_security icon.
How do I disable ModSecurity in WHM?
Disable for all domains To disable ModSecurity for all of your domains, click Disable. A confirmation message will appear. Click Disable All to disable ModSecurity.
What is ModSecurity cPanel?
ModSecurity is a web application firewall. It monitors incoming web traffic for threats in real-time, blocking malicious connections before they reach applications.
Should I disable Mod_security?
We will not recommend to disable Mod-Security on your account. Mod_security module helps to protect your website from various attacks. If mod-security is disabled on your account, your website will be at risk from vulnerabilities.
How do I disable ModSecurity in cPanel?
To disable/enable ModSecurity in cPanel:
- Go to yourdomain.com/cpanel and log in.
- Navigate to Security section, look for ModSecurity option.
- Here you can Disable/Enable ModSecurity for all domains. Or, you can choose an individual domain on which to disable/enable ModSecurity. Click the On/Off button.
How do I whitelist an IP address in ModSecurity?
How to whitelist an IP address in ModSecurity
- Log in to SSH or Terminal as the root user.
- Open the following file in a text editor: /etc/apache2/conf.d/modsec/modsec2.user.conf.
- Add one or more of the following example variants to the bottom of the file, but edit it to contain your desired IP address: # Single IP example.
Is it safe to disable Mod_security?
What is Mod_security error?
It simply states that you do not have permission to access / on the server. Depending on the exact link where you get the error, the path may vary. ModSecurity works in the background, and every page request is being checked against various rules to filter out those requests which seem malicious.
How do you check Mod_security is enabled or not in cPanel?
How do you fix ModSecurity issues?
You can choose one of the three ways to get the error fixed.
- Contact your Host. As you have already learned, it is a server-side error and the easier and safer fix for the error would be contacting your hosting provider.
- Disable mod_security by using the . htaccess file.
- Disable mod_security for Specific URLs.