Where is the battery in a Mercedes C240?
Lift the three clamps on the back of the battery filter box on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Remove the filter box cover to expose the battery.
How much is a battery for a 2002 Mercedes-Benz?
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320 Battery – from $159.99+ | AutoZone.com.
How long do Mercedes batteries last?
4 to 5 years
As with most cars, you can expect to get 4 to 5 years out of your Mercedes-Benz car battery. While this offers a general guideline, your battery life can be impacted by: Weather Extremes: Hot temperatures can cause your battery’s fluid to evaporate while extreme cold can drain it of its power.
Can you charge Mercedes auxiliary battery?
Mercedes-Benz auxiliary battery is a rechargeable 12V 1.2Ah battery. The alternator charges the auxiliary battery when the engine is running. If the battery is still good, your only option is to remove the car’s battery and charge it with a 12 Volt Smart Charger, then reinstall.
Where is the battery located in a Mercedes?
- The battery is located under the driver’s seat.
- Entering from the back door, use the pry bar or screwdriver, pry off the cover that rests under the seat.
- If your battery hasn’t been replaced before, you will need to make a small cut in the carpet in the back, right corner to allow for it to be lifted.
Why does my Mercedes have 2 batteries?
Some Mercedes models have two batteries, a main starting battery located in the trunk and a secondary smaller battery located under the hood near the windshield on the passenger side of the car. Essentially there is so much electrical demand on this car it needs two batteries.
How do you know if your auxiliary battery is bad?
Symptoms of or a bad auxiliary battery malfunction
- The battery symbol on the dashboard.
- Stop vehicle shift 2P leave engine running.
- Stop vehicle leave engine running.
- Auxiliary battery malfunction.