How do you select specific cells in Excel?
Select one or more cells
- Click on a cell to select it. Or use the keyboard to navigate to it and select it.
- To select a range, select a cell, then with the left mouse button pressed, drag over the other cells.
- To select non-adjacent cells and cell ranges, hold Ctrl and select the cells.
How do you unhighlight cells in Excel?
Once you highlight them all then CTRL click that one cell to unhighlight it, the black border is only around that one cell which means it’s active. So, it in fact is actually selected but not highlighted.
How do you separate cells in Excel 2010?
To insert new cells, rows, or columns in an Excel worksheet, follow these steps:
- Select the cells, rows, or columns where you want the new, blank cells to appear.
- Click the drop-down arrow attached to the Insert button in the Cells group of the Home tab.
- Click Insert Cells on the drop-down menu.
How do I unprotect a cell in Excel 2010?
Select the cells you want to unlock. These are the cells you want to allow users to edit when the worksheet is protected. Press Ctrl+1 to open the Format Cells dialog box and click the Protection tab. Use the Protection tab in the Format Cells dialog box to unlock cells.
How do you select a range of cells in Excel?
Press F5 or CTRL+G to launch the Go To dialog. In the Go to list, click the name of the cell or range that you want to select, or type the cell reference in the Reference box, then press OK. For example, in the Reference box, type B3 to select that cell, or type B1:B3 to select a range of cells.
How do you blur cells in Excel?
To do that, highlight just those cells and again open Format Cells and the Protection tab. Be sure the Locked and Hidden boxes are not checked. Click on OK . To hide the column that contains the full Social Security numbers, highlight the column, click Format, Column, Hide .
How do you ungrey cells in Excel?
How to quickly grey out all unused area in Excel?
- Enable the sheet in which you want to display working area only, and click View > Page Break Preview.
- Select a range you want to display only, and click Kutools > Show & Hide > Set Scroll Area.
- If you want to display all, click Kutools > Show & Hide > Unhide All Ranges.
How do I separate cells in Excel with a comma?
Text to Columns
- Highlight the column that contains your list.
- Go to Data > Text to Columns.
- Choose Delimited. Click Next.
- Choose Comma. Click Next.
- Choose General or Text, whichever you prefer.
- Leave Destination as is, or choose another column. Click Finish.
How do I separate two words in Excel?
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.
- Select the Delimiters for your data.
- Select Next.
- Select the Destination in your worksheet which is where you want the split data to appear.
Why I Cannot merge cells in Excel?
Click Home > Merge & Center. If Merge & Center is dimmed, make sure you’re not editing a cell or the cells you want to merge aren’t inside a table. Tip: To merge cells without centering the data, click the merged cell and then click the left, center or right alignment options next to Merge & Center.
How do I unprotect a cell?
How to unprotect a cell or worksheet
- In the menu bar, click the Review tab.
- In the Protect group, click the Unprotect Sheet option.
- In the Unprotect Sheet sheet window that pops up, enter the password to unlock the worksheet, then click OK.
How do you deselect cells in Microsoft Excel?
How to Deselect Cells in Microsoft Excel. Here’s how you can deselect cells within a range of cells that are highlighted in three quick steps. Hold the Ctrl key. Click to deselect any cell or click and drag to deselect a range of cells within a selection. To reselect any of those cells, hold the Ctrl key again and reselect those cells.
How to unselect a cell from a selection?
How to unselect a cell from a selection To unselect a selected cell hold down the CTRL (or Command on mac) key and click on the cells you want to deselect. To unselect a range of selected cells hold down the CTRL (or Command for Mac) key and drag the range you want to deselect, starting from within a selected range.
How do you deselect a selection on a Mac?
Pressing the Ctrl key, you can click, or click-and-drag to deselect any cells or ranges within a selection. If you need to reselect any of those cells, continue holding the Ctrl key and reselect those cells (for Mac, use the Cmd key).
How to unselect a range of cells on a Mac?
To unselect a selected cell hold down the CTRL (or Command on mac) key and click on the cells you want to deselect. To unselect a range of selected cells hold down the CTRL (or Command for Mac) key and drag the range you want to deselect, starting from within a selected range.