When should I go to apple orchards?
The apple varieties available for picking, as well as the peak time for apple picking season, will depend on where you live. But for the most part, September to early October is prime picking season.
Where are the best apple orchards?
The Best Apple Orchards in America
- County Line Orchard (Hobart, Indiana)
- Terhune Orchards (Princeton, New Jersey)
- Fishkill Farms (Hopewell Junction, New York)
- Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard (Pingree Grove, Illinois)
- Friske’s Farm Market (Ellsworth, Michigan)
- Parlee Farms (Tyngsborough, Massachusetts)
What apples are in season in NC?
Apple Ripening Schedule
|Gala Apples||Late August||Sweet|
|Red Delicious Apples||September||Sweet|
|Golden Delicious Apples||September||Sweet|
|Granny Smith Apples||September & October||Very Tart|
Which state has the best apple?
The top apple producing states are Washington, New York, Michigan,Pennsylvania, California and Virginia.
Which states have the most apple orchards?
32 states in the United States raise apples commercially. The top ten apple producing states are Washington, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, California, Virginia, North Carolina, Oregon, Ohio and Idaho (U.S. Apple Association, 2021).
Can you pick apples in North Carolina?
From large farms to smaller, family-owned orchards, there are so many places to pick apples in North Carolina. From late August to the end of October, the apple trees are ready to be harvested, so plan your trip for then if you want to include apple picking on your NC itinerary.
What type of apple is the sweetest?
1. Fuji Apples. Fuji apples are incredibly sweet, and are quite often the sweetest apple widely available in grocery stores. Fuji apples have an aromatic floral sweetness that almost tastes like honey.