What is the word for leaning toward?
Synonyms for leaning (toward or towards) caring (for), favoring, liking, preferring.
Is it leaning toward or leaning towards?
The only difference between toward and towards is the s. Both spellings are correct, and they mean the same thing: in the direction of. Toward is the preferred spelling in the United States and Canada. In other English-speaking countries, such as the United Kingdom and Australia, towards is the more common spelling.
What does leaning to mean?
intransitive verb. 1a : to incline, deviate, or bend from a vertical position He leaned back in his chair. b : to cast one’s weight to one side for support lean on me as we walk. 2 : to rely for support or inspiration preferred not to lean on his father in building a career — Current Biography.
How do you use lean toward?
- I am not sure which couch would look best in our house.
- He makes a very persuasive point.
- Both teams are very good, but I always lean towards the team that is from my home town.
- Their team is leaning towards Coach Russel to replace their current coach who will be leaving at the end on the season.
What is the term for a strong leaning towards one side of an argument?
1 : leaning to one side.
What’s the opposite of towards?
What is the opposite of towards?
|away from||far from|
|distant from||clear of|
|in the opposite direction to|
What is the meaning of leaning against the wall?
to sit or stand with part of your body touching something as a support: He leaned against the wall.
What is the sentence of leaning?
(1) A man was leaning out of the window. (2) They were leaning forward, facing each other. (3) He is leaning up against the wall.
What lean forward means?
1. To bend or incline toward a position in front of something or oneself. I leaned forward to grab my essay from the professor. The tree leaned so far forward in the wind that I would it would break.
What is the past of lean?
The past tense of lean is leaned (pronounced leend) or leant (pronounced lent).
What do you call a one-sided battle?
biased, coloured, discriminatory, inequitable, lopsided, partial, partisan, prejudiced, unequal, unfair, unjust.
What is a one-sided opinion called?
adjective. favoring one person or side over another. synonyms: biased, colored, coloured, skewed, slanted partial.
What does leaning toward mean?
lean toward (someone or something) 1. To bend, tilt, or incline in the direction of someone or something. I tried leaning toward the door to hear what they were talking about in the other room.
What is another word for leaning towards?
Synonyms for leaning towards in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for leaning towards. 129 synonyms for lean: bend, tip, slope, incline, tilt, heel, slant, rest, prop, be
What is another word for lean toward?
Synonyms for lean (toward or towards) care (for), favor, like, prefer.
What is another word for leans towards?
other words for leaning toward. determined. inclined. contemplating. convinced. decided. disposed. intending. liking.