How do I find the oracle SID?
The location path of your Oracle Home Registry is as follows:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> ORACLE>>
- Oracle_SID will show your SID.
- Oracle_Home will show the location of your DB Home.
- Oracle_BUNDLE_NAME will show the edition of your Oracle Database.
- Oracle_SVCUSER will show the windows user for your Oracle Database.
How do I find the SID oracle 12c?
13 Answers select instance_name from v$instance; will give you SID name. select name from v$database; will give DB NAME. select instance_name from v$instance; will give you SID name.
How do I find my oracle listener IP?
Check and change the IP address of the Oracle database listener.
- Open the listener. ora file. In the following example, 10.137. 59.87 is the current IP address of the Oracle database listener.
- Open the tnsnames. ora file. In the following example, 10.137. 59.87 is the current IP address of the Oracle database listener.
How do I find oracle listener in Windows?
In Windows go to start run and type services. msc a service window will come which contain the information of all the services are running in your system. Now simply check for the Oracle Listener service. If it say started its means that oracle listener is running.
What is Oracle database SID?
Oracle SID is the unique name that uniquely identifies your instance/database where as Service name is the TNS alias that you give when you remotely connect to your database and this Service name is recorded in Tnsnames.
How do I check my DB listener status?
Do the following:
- Log on to the host where the Oracle database resides.
- Change to the following directory: Solaris: Oracle_HOME/bin. Windows: Oracle_HOME\bin.
- To start the listener service, type the following command: Solaris: lsnrctl START. Windows: LSNRCTL.
- Repeat step 3 to verify that the TNS listener is running.
What does Oracle listener do?
Oracle Net Listener is a separate process that runs on the database server computer. It receives incoming client connection requests and manages the traffic of these requests to the database server. This chapter describes how to configure the listener to accept client connections.
What is difference between Service name and SID in Oracle?
Why does listener not know Sid in connect descriptor?
The SID parameter in the connect descriptor should specify an instance that is known by the listener. You should also check for an event in the listener.log file. In an Oracle 12c Container Database environment, you may see this error because you failed to specify a service name to connect to the database.
How to use Sid as service name in Ora?
To resolve this problem, use the listener.ora parameter USE_SID_AS_SERVICE_listener_name. This parameter will tell the listener to use the SID in the connect descriptor as a service name and allow you to connect the client to this particular database.
Where do I find the port number for Oracle listener?
Locate Oracle Listener Port. 1. You find out the Oracle listener port number from listener.ora file. In Windows, the file is located in below directory, C:\\oracle\\ \\ \\NETWORK\\ADMIN. 2. Open the listener.ora file and you will get the port number (1521).
Where is the listener configuration file stored in Oracle?
Overview of Listener Configuration File Listener configuration, stored in the listener.orafile, consists of the following elements: Name of the listener Protocol addresses that the listener is accepting connection requests on Database services