Who were famous blues musicians?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Who is the musician that from Louisiana?
Some popular Louisiana artists include Britney Spears, Lil Wayne, Harry Connick, Jr., and Jared Leto.
Who is the oldest living blues singer?
Henry Gray – 91 years old Now known as the oldest active active legendary master Blues pianist at 91 years old, there’s no stopping the rollicking fingers of Henry Gray. Born on January 19, 1925, this Louisiana native has been playing for a whopping seven decades.
Who is the best blues singer ever?
Read more about the top ten legendary blues artists of all time here.
- Robert Johnson.
- Ray Charles.
- Howlin ‘Wolf.
- Eric Clapton.
- John Lee Hooker.
- Etta James. Etta James – All The Best Of (By Classic Mood Experience)
- Buddy Guy. Stone Crazy – Buddy Guy.
- Albert King. Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan – Born Under A Bad Sign (HD)
Who was the most popular classic blues singer?
The most popular of the classic blues singers was Tennessee-born Bessie Smith, who first recorded in 1923.
Who is the most famous musician from Louisiana?
Discover some of Louisiana’s famous country musicians.
- TIM McGRAW (1967) has sold more than 50 million records, making him one of the best-selling artists in all genres in history.
- TRACE ADKINS (1962) has had more than 20 songs on the country music charts since 1996.
Who’s the youngest singer?
Atithi Gautam K. C. (born 15 August 2006, Lalitpur district of Nepal) is known as the youngest singer in the world to release a professional solo album. Atithi’s self-titled debut album was released at the age of three on 18 July 2010.
Who is the oldest musician still playing?
16 Of The Oldest Musicians Still Touring, Recording, And Kicking…
- Willie Nelson, 87.
- Dionne Warwick, 80.
- Tony Bennett, 94.
- Paul McCartney, 78.
- Ringo Starr, 80.
- Yoko Ono, 87.
- Buddy Guy, 84.
- Loretta Lynn, 88.
Who is most popular blues artist?
popularity is the % of people who have a positive opinion of a blues music artist. Find out more
- 1 Ray Charles71%
- 2 B.B. King62%
- 3 Janis Joplin57%
- 4 Fats Domino55%
- 5 The Blues Brothers55%
- 6 Bonnie Raitt48%
- 7 Muddy Waters48%
- 8 Bo Diddley46%