How can I make my concrete patio more attractive?
Here are 9 ideas you can make your patio attractive:
- Add a large outdoor rug.
- Painting the patio.
- Staining your patio.
- Scoring patterns in concrete.
- Deck over the concrete slab.
- Consider adding pavers.
- Create a custom look with stamped concrete.
- Create custom planters for plants and flowers.
What do you put around a concrete patio?
Take a look at all of these fabulous concrete patio ideas.
- Paint a Pattern. Yes, you can paint your concrete slab.
- Lay Decking Flooring. Did you know you can lay decking over a concrete slab?
- Add Curves With Pavers.
- Lay Slate Tiles.
- Stain the Concrete to Look Like Tile.
- Add a Beautiful Outdoor Rug.
- Paint Concrete.
- Dress it Up.
How long does a concrete patio last?
You can expect a concrete patio to last about 30 to 50 years, with an average of 40 years, except that the freeze/thaw cycles and salt de-icers in colder climates are not kind to concrete and will shorten the life expectancy below that range.
Can I pour my own concrete patio?
You’ll save 40 percent to 50 percent by pouring your patio yourself. (Taking the DIY route also means you can be sure the technical details are done correctly.) You’ll save even more if you mix your own concrete instead of having a ready-mix truck deliver it.
What can I do with an empty concrete slab?
- Build a stamped concrete patio.
- Fake the look of stone.
- Get creative with paint.
- Install clay pavers for your patio.
- Stain or seal the concrete.
- Curate an outdoor living room for entertaining.
Should I paint concrete patio?
Concrete outdoor surfaces can face a lot of wear and tear over time, but a fresh coat of paint can provide a welcome makeover. The best concrete paint or stain conceals discolorations and signs of damage while providing a protective coating that extends the life of the surface.