What are American Fuzzy Lop rabbits used for?

What are American Fuzzy Lop rabbits used for?

American Fuzzy Lop

Distinguishing features Cat-like short and flat muzzle; distinctive markings on the nose, tinted ears, with eye circles
Ear type Hanging along the side of the face
Health needs Deworming, checking for fleas, ticks, rabbit mites, the formation of fur balls in the stomach

How much does a American Fuzzy Lop cost?

The price of your American Fuzzy Lop rabbit will vary depending on where you get it and whether or not you are looking for a show quality rabbit. You can find a standard rabbit for around $25, but if you want one to enter into shows and competitions, you will likely need to spend between $100 and $200.

Are American Fuzzy Lop good pets?

American Fuzzy Lop Breed History/Origin To do that, they bred their Holland Lops with English Spots. While they successfully produced a broken pattern, they failed to keep the Holland’s rollback fur. The American Fuzzy Lop is sweet, energetic rabbit that is known to be great for show, fur and pet purposes.

What is a fuzzy Holland Lop?

So, by crossing two Holland Lops that carry the wool gene, about 1/4 of the kits will be something called a ‘fuzzy Holland’, which is essentially a Holland Lop with wool. The woolly Holland Lops were later made into a breed of their own – the American Fuzzy Lop.

Are Fuzzy Holland Lops rare?

Two regular Holland Lops that produce a fuzzy are each fuzzy carriers. You can mark them down as L l. Any time you breed two carriers together, each kit has a 25% change of being a non-fuzzy, non-carrier (LL), 50% chance of being a non-fuzzy carrier (L l), and a 25% chance of being a fuzzy (l l).

What is the most expensive breed of rabbit?

Mini Rex Heir to the king of all-time most expensive rabbits, the Mini Rex vies with the Holland Lop for both most popular (and most expensive) rabbit today. Commonly kept as show rabbits and house pets, their velvety soft, densely plush coats have won them legions of adoring fans.