How do I fix code P0491?
What repairs can fix the P0491 code?
- Replacing any damaged wiring, connectors, or other electrical components.
- Replacing the secondary air injection pump.
- Replacing the pump’s one-way check valve.
- Repairing or replacing any damaged vacuum hoses or fittings which could be causing a vacuum leak.
- Replacing pump fuses.
How do I get rid of code P0410?
To get rid of this error code, you can do the following:
- Replace both the air pumps and the one-way check valve.
- Try and clean the air pump and test it. The one-way air check valve must be replaced as well.
- Replace the inlet hose of the air pump.
- Replace the fuse of the air pump (you can find it under the hood)
What does p491 mean?
Error Code P0491 is defined as Secondary Air Injection System Insufficient Flow Bank 1. This means there’s a problem on the side on the engine that holds the cylinder #1, usually caused by a bad air inlet, relay, fuse, pump or faulty wires.
What is P0410 code?
Code P0410 is the result of the Engine Control Module (ECM) indicating a malfunctioning Secondary Air Injection System. This happens when the O2 sensor does not accurately detect the changes in the O2 level of the exhaust while the air injection system is functioning.
How do I fix error code P2431?
What repairs can fix the P2431 code?
- Replacing the secondary air pump.
- Repairing or replacing a wiring harness.
- Resolving poor electrical connections.
How much does it cost to replace a secondary air pump?
All cars are required to have secondary air injection systems, which make exhaust emissions cleaner and help to combust more harmful gases. If your secondary air system fails, then replacing it will cost you between $270-$390. The labor should run you about $90, while parts cost, on average, about $250.
How do I fix code P2258?
What Repairs can Fix the P2258 Code?
- Repair or replace any damaged one-way check valves.
- Repair or replace any damaged or defective switches.
- Repair or replace any damaged or defective hoses or fittings.
- Repair or replace any damaged or defective wires and connectors.