How to improve query performance in SAP BW?
To improve query performance the below options can be used.
- 1.1 Compression: Compression of info cubes is a quick solution that can be implemented to improve performance.
- 1.2 Create Indexes:
- 1.3 Aggregates:
- 1.4 Query settings:
How does SAP improve query performance?
How to optimize Reporting Performance
- It is recommended to use SAP Exits where ever possible and bring down the Customer Exits.
- Archiving (NLS) is recommended to archive unused data.
- Extensive use of Filters at Query level is recommended.
How to check the query performance in SAP BW?
Hi VIjay ,
- In order to measure the performance of Query you need to use following BW Statistics Cubes. 0BWTC_C02 BW Statistics – OLAP.
- use transaction st03, expert mode and tables starting with rsddstat*
- 3.In RSRT, you can type your query tech name and chose “execute + debug”.
- material for checking query performance :
What is performance tuning SAP BW?
Performance tuning plays a key role in any BW system . With due course of time the Performance of the system in terms of Data Extraction, Data loading, Reporting etc. degrades. This can be due to number of reasons which can relates to Extraction, Modeling, Designing etc.
What is SAP BW query?
SAP BW Terminology. The Business Explorer (BEx) is the SAP BW component that provides reporting and analysis tools. BEx queries filter the data to create reporting objects or views called InfoProviders. Some InfoProviders contain actual data. Others provide views of data stored in elsewhere.
How do I create a BEx query in Hana view?
You can build queries using a SAP HANA view as a data source….To build queries on SAP HANA views
- Open Web Intelligence and click the New icon in the File toolbar.
- Click SAP HANA.
- Select a secured SAP HANA connection.
- Select a SAP HANA analytic view or a SAP HANA calculation view.
- Click OK.
How do I run a query in RSRT?
In transaction RSRT, enter the query name and execute it. 2. If the query needs variable input, provide the necessary values in the variable screen. Then click ‘Execute’ button on variable screen to run the query.
What is housekeeping activities in SAP BW?
Basically I have divided the activities into 4 parts namely General monitoring, System health monitoring, Performance related monitoring and Occasional activities along with some pure basis activities in the fourth part. …
What is SAP BW used for?
SAP BW is also a development platform that programmers use to create and modify data warehouses, perform data management tasks, generate reports and develop analytics applications. Business users typically access SAP BW through an application built by a developer, such as an executive Dashboard or mobile app.
What is adso SAP BW?
In BW4HANA system, ADSO (Advanced Data Store Object) is the primary persistent object used in data modelling. This blog explains the different tables created when using an ADSO and how a full/delta/initial load updates/fetches data from these different tables.
What is variable in SAP HANA?
Variables are assigned to Attributes of the Analytical and Calculation views at design time to filter data based on the values you provide for the variable at run time. Values are provided to the variables either by entering them manually or by selecting them from the value help dialog.
How do you consume calculations in SAP BW?
How to pass values from SAP BEx to HANA calculation view?
- Step 1: Create a calculation view in HANA.
- Step 2: Create input parameters based out of Calendar day.
- Step 3: Create an expression as shown below.
- Step 4: Create a Composite Provider (HCPR) on top of this HANA view and consume the input parameters as well.
To improve query performance the below options can be used. Compression of info cubes is a quick solution that can be implemented to improve performance. it reduces the number of records by combining records with the same key that has been loaded in different request in the info cube.
When did performance tuning for SAP BW come out?
Performance Tuning for SAP BW Document Version 2.6 (December 3, 2003) SAP AG assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials.
How to optimize the reporting performance in SAP?
2. It is recommended to to Suppress Result rows Wherever possible. 3. It is recommended to use SAP Exits where ever possible and bring down the Customer Exits 4 . SAP Suggests free characteristics in reports should be limited to 8-10. In RSRV checks, free characteristics usage is marked in red which has very high impact on reports
What is the purpose of BW in SAP?
Ensure compliance with corporate policies, while ensuring high data manageability and consistency.