How do I access View Composer?
Access the Windows Server where the View Composer will be installed, open the Administrative Tools folder and double click ODBC Data Sources (64-bit) item. Select System DNS tab and click Add. Select SQL Server as data source and click Finish.
What is View Composer server?
The View Composer is used to manage virtual desktops on the vCenter server. Its primary function is to track link-cloned desktops and manage the state and configuration of link-cloned desktops.
Is View Composer required?
Horizon View Composer server planning: Each vCenter Server requires its own View Composer. For 50 or more desktops, VMware recommends View Composer to have 4 vCPU, and 8 GB RAM. A trusted, valid certificate is strongly recommended.
How do I turn off View Composer service?
To stop the View Composer Guest Agent Server service:
- Log in to the virtual machine as an administrator.
- Stop the View Composer Guest Agent Server service manually. For more information, see Stopping, starting, or restarting VMware View services (1026026).
- Uninstall the agent.
How do I check my view composer certificate?
To find which certificate is in use, check the registry to see the thumbprint of the certificate bound to the port used by Composer. Find this by navigating to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo\0.0. 0.0:18443 key in the registry, and noting the SslCertHash.
How do I configure View Composer?
- Horizon Administrator and Horizon Connection Server.
- Log In to Horizon Administrator.
- Install the Product License Key.
- Add vCenter Server Instances to Horizon 7.
- Configure View Composer Settings.
- Configure View Composer Domains.
- Add an Instant-Clone Domain Administrator.
What is composer server in Horizon View?
VMware Horizon View Composer is a feature in Horizon View that gives administrators the ability to manage pools of desktops that share a common virtual disk. An administrator can update the master image, then all desktops using linked clones of that master image can also be patched.
How do I update View Composer?
- Preparing vCenter Server and View Composer for an Upgrade.
- Upgrade View Composer.
- Enable TLSv1.0 on vCenter and ESXi Connections from View Composer.
- Enable Digest Access Authentication for View Composer.
- Manually Upgrading the View Composer Database.
- Migrate View Composer to Another Machine.