What are RDS subnet groups?
An RDS Subnet Group is a collection of subnets that you can use to designate for your RDS database instance in a VPC. The database within your VPC will use the Subnet Group and the preferred Availability Zone to select a subnet and an IP address within that subnet.
Can you change RDS subnet group?
Amazon RDS does not provide an option to change the subnet group of your DB instance, with the same VPC.
What is DB connection in RDS?
The connection information for a DB instance includes its endpoint, port, and a valid database user, such as the master user. For example, for a MySQL DB instance, suppose that the endpoint value is mydb.123456789012.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com . In this case, the port value is 3306 , and the database user is admin .
How do I access RDS in private subnet?
- Open the Amazon EC2 console, and choose Launch instance.
- Select an Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
- Choose an instance type, and then choose Next: Configure Instance Details.
- For Network, choose the VPC that the RDS DB instance uses.
- For Subnet, select the subnet that has an internet gateway in its routing table.
Is RDS in a subnet?
Amazon RDS chooses a subnet and an IP address within that subnet to associate with your DB instance. Amazon RDS creates and associates an Elastic Network Interface to your DB instance with that IP address. The DB instance uses the Availability Zone that contains the subnet.
Is AWS RDS in VPC?
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) enables you to launch AWS resources, such as Amazon RDS DB instances, into a virtual private cloud (VPC).
How do I create a subnet group?
Open the DynamoDB console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/ .
- In the navigation pane, under DAX, choose Subnet groups.
- Choose Create subnet group.
- In the Create subnet group window, do the following: Name—Enter a short name for the subnet group. Description—Enter a description for the subnet group.
What is DB connection limit?
By default, SQL Server allows a maximum of 32767 concurrent connections which is the maximum number of users that can simultaneously log in to the SQL server instance.
Is RDS in VPC?