What are some questions to ask about gun control?
- How Many Guns Are in the U.S.?
- What Does the Second Amendment Say?
- Is the U.S. Gun Homicide Rate Really That High?
- Are There Countries With as Many Guns as the U.S. but With Less Crime?
- Could Technological Advances Make Gun Control Impossible?
- How Often Do Gun Owners Actually Prevent Crimes?
What are some arguments against gun control laws?
Ten Powerful Arguments Against “Gun Control”
- There’s still murder in countries where handguns are banned.
- Limiting assault rifles limits your Second Amendment rights.
- The Second Amendment is not intended for just ordinary home defense.
- Armed civilians help take out the bad guys.
What are some questions about the Second Amendment?
Questions to Consider
- What right does the Second Amendment to the Constitution protect?
- Why did the Founders include the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights?
- What has the Supreme Court ruled about the meaning of the Second Amendment?
- What types of restrictions have local and state governments put on weapons?
What is a good reason to own a gun?
Arguably the most effective reason to buy a gun, arming yourself against an intruder is only going to help your family. You have a right to defend yourself, and a gun is your best option to do that. To buy a gun is to equip yourself with the most effective tool of defense no matter where you are.
What exactly is the 2nd Amendment?
Second Amendment Annotated. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
What is right to bear arms?
The right to bear arms generally refers to a person’s right to possess weapons. Over the years, the Supreme Court has interpreted the Constitution’s right to bear arms as an individual self-defense right, making it very difficult for Congress to regulate guns.