Why is Synaptics not working?
If you’re having issues with your Synaptics touchpad on Windows 10, the problem might be related to your drivers. If the default driver doesn’t work, go to your touchpad manufacturer’s website and download an older driver. Once you install the older driver, check if the problem still persists.
How do I fix Synaptics device not found?
1) Go to your laptop manufacturer’s website, like DELL, Lenovo, HP. 2) Find the specific driver download page; usually it locates in the Support section. 3) You will need to enter your laptop’s ID or the model number and locate your Windows operating system. 4) Find and download the latest Synaptics driver.
How do I install my Synaptics touchpad driver?
Way 1: Download the latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver manually
- Go to Synaptics Resources Center.
- Scroll down, you should then see the TouchPad Driver Support under Drivers pane.
- Find Windows 10, then click Download.
- Un-zip the downloaded zip file to find and install the driver for your Synaptics touchpad.
How do I update my USB drivers Windows 8?
- Connect your Android device to your computer’s USB port.
- Access search, as follows:
- In the search box, type into and then click Device Manager.
- Double-click the device category, and then double-click the device you want.
- Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and follow the instructions.
How do I enable Synaptics settings?
How to Enable Synaptics Settings
- Open regedit.exe.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl.
- Open the HideTPSettings DWORD Value.
- Change the value from 1 to 0 and hit OK.
Why does touchpad suddenly stop working?
If your touchpad isn’t working, it may be a result of a missing or out-of-date driver. Updating or reinstalling your touchpad drivers in Device Manager may help solve the problem. To open Device Manager, type device manager in the search box on the taskbar, then select Device Manager.
How do I enable Synaptics pointing device?
How Do I Turn on a Synaptics Touchpad?
- Connect an external pointing device such as a USB mouse to your computer if you are unable to control the mouse pointer at all.
- Double-click the “Mice and other pointing devices” category in the device manager to expand it.
- Install the driver for your Synaptics touchpad if needed.
How do I manually install missing drivers?
Right-click on any device that has an error and click “Update Driver Software.” Select “Search automatically for updated driver software.” Windows will search for the best applicable drivers and install them for you. Click “OK” when the drivers are found to allow Windows to complete the install.