What is your definition of radio?
Radio is sound communication by radio waves, usually through the transmission of music, news, and other types of programs from single broadcast stations to multitudes of individual listeners equipped with radio receivers.
What does radio mean in words?
1a : the wireless transmission and reception of electric impulses or signals by means of electromagnetic waves. b : the use of these waves for the wireless transmission of electric impulses into which sound is converted. 2 : a radio message. 3 : a radio receiving set. 4a : a radio transmitting station.
What kind of word is radio?
radio used as a noun: The technology that allows for the transmission of sound or other signals by modulation of electromagnetic waves. A device that can capture (receive) the signal sent over radio waves and render the modulated signal as sound. A device that can transmit radio signal.
What is a radio example?
An example of radio is how people listen to music in their cars on their way to work. Radio means to communicate over a device that uses electromagnetic waves. An example of radio is to broadcast an important community announcement over the local music station.
What are the advantages of radio?
Advantages of radio
- Low cost: Radio advertisements are typically cheaper than television ads.
- Flexibility: Advertisers can target listeners based on time, geographic location, channel and program.
- Vast coverage: Radio programming has millions of listeners nationwide.
What is the full form of radio?
: Orginated from wireless telegraphy. Category. : Technology » Instruments & Devices.
Is radio short for something?
Originally, scientists used the prefix radio to indicate radiant or radiation—hence the designation of “radio-activity” for the alpha, beta, gamma and x-rays emitted by decaying atoms. This led to the terms wireless or radio-telegraphy. Telegrams sent across the wireless were radio-grams, or “radios” for short.
Why is it called a radio button?
Radio buttons are so called because they function like the channel presets on radios. A typical group of radio buttons. A group of radio buttons behaves like a single control. Only the selected choice is accessible using the Tab key, but users can cycle through the group using the arrow keys.
What are the disadvantages of a radio?
Like any other medium, radio too has certain limitations. These include lack of a visual element, audience fragmentation, limited research data, limited listener attention, and clutter.
What are the features of radio?
Features of Radio
- A Medium of Sound: It is an auditory medium, a medium of the sound.
- A Medium of the Voice: Radio is the medium of the voice.
- A Link between Speaker and Listeners: Microphone is the only instrument through which a radio broadcaster speaks to his listeners.
What are the types of radio?
Here are six of the most important types of radios.
- AM Radio. AM radio stands for amplitude modulation, and it’s one of the oldest types of wireless broadcasting.
- FM Radio. Many people who listen to the radio in their car listen to FM radio.
- Shortwave Radio.
- Satellite Radio.
- Ham Radio.