What documents do I need for CR1 interview?
Documents Required for a CR1 Visa
- Form I-130—which is used to petition for your spouse.
- Form G-1145—which is an e-notification of application.
- DS-260—which is an electronic application for an immigrant visa.
- Cover letter.
- Proof of marriage (essentially a marriage certificate).
What do I need to bring to my O1 visa interview?
O1 Visa Documentation and Other Interview Items A valid passport that will not expire until 6 months after the period you intend to stay in the U.S. A photograph of yourself that accords with Department of State guidelines. I-797 Approval Notice from the USCIS. The receipt for the Machine Readable Visa (MRC) fee.
What questions do they ask at immigrant visa interview?
Sample U.S. Embassy Interview Questions
- Initial Meeting. How did you meet your spouse?
- Biographic Information. What is your spouse’s birthday?
- Residence. Where does your spouse live?
- Education and Employment Status. What does your spouse do for a living?
- Cultural Background.
- Common Interests.
- Prior Marital Status.
How long does a marriage visa take?
Visa processing usually takes around 3-5 months. If you are a permanent resident, you must wait for a visa to become available for your spouse, based on their priority date. This can vary depending on the spouse’s home country, but the typical time is around 24 months.
Does O1 visa lead to green card?
With an O1 visa you can work in the US for year and continue to renew your visa or extend your status. However, the O1 visa is a non-immigrant visa and does not directly lead to a green card. To go from an O1 visa to green card, you must convert to an immigrant classification.
What happens after O-1 is approved?
You can schedule your visa interview with your receipt number, beginning with EAC or WAC, once your O-1 petition is approved. During a visa appointment, you will be fingerprinted, photographed, and interviewed about your visa application and your prospective stay in the United States.
How long is a visa interview?
between 3-5 minutes
Visa interviews typically last between 3-5 minutes. This is a conversation and not a document review.